rear wiper washer

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

monkertron
Passed Theory

rear wiper washer

Postby monkertron » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:00 pm

megane II o4 plate 1.4.
Got a bit of a weird one, my rear wiper washer doesn't work, well as i twist the stork, the water comes out of the front washers and not the rear! any ideas? is it a cross wire? cheers for any help.

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:15 pm

are you just twisting the wee jet nob for a second or two? i have to twist and hold mine for about 5 secs b4 water comes out. oddly long but if its not that i have no idea... im not clued up on these things.

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:20 pm

your motor as gone mate mines the same but if you keep it held long enough water does come out on the rear screen while sprying the front

stevie
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:17 pm

STEVIE wrote:your motor as gone mate mines the same but if you keep it held long enough water does come out on the rear screen while sprying the front

stevie

quite right,as stevie says, motor is goosed.uses same motor for front + rear,think it just reverses the motor for the rear,done quite a few of them (especially on reno cars) whilst in my last job

wezhoy

Postby wezhoy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:46 pm

the stalk for the washer on the rear is seperate to the front you twist for the rear and pull for the front
1.6VVT Ottoman Dynamique 03' Plate with Comfort Pack & Sat Nav
"Take It Easy!"

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:53 pm

it`s still the motor!

CanadianMike
Learner Driver

Postby CanadianMike » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:36 pm

i have teh same problem, and when i went in for my MOT i asked them about this, they said the motor was gone
1.4 52 reg Dynamique

trilogy6
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 Estate

Re: rear wiper washer

Postby trilogy6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:38 pm

monkertron wrote:megane II o4 plate 1.4.
Got a bit of a weird one, my rear wiper washer doesn't work, well as i twist the stork, the water comes out of the front washers and not the rear! any ideas? is it a cross wire? cheers for any help.

Had this problem on 57 estate. Looked at Renault Forum guy came up with emptying the washer bottle down to 1/3 full then top up with warm water not boiling keep operating rear washer & it starts working. Did for me quoted £115 for new pump :shock:

neilbrumie
Currently Drives:: megane oasis 1.5dci

Re: rear wiper washer

Postby neilbrumie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:29 pm

monkertron wrote:megane II o4 plate 1.4.

Had the same problem on mine, it was a restricter valve located behind the drivers side c pillar panel,cleaned the valve out with a pin . has worked fine now for over 6 months.

Return to “Problems / Questions”