Megane has s#*t itself!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

doodles99
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi Dynamique

Megane has s#*t itself!

Postby doodles99 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 pm

In a tesco car park at the minute.

Car opened fine, put the card in, pressed the clutch and the displays between the speedo and rev counter started flickering on and off as it there was no power and the sane thing was happenin with the handbrake light. Now the displays won't even light, the car won't start an it's been clicking constantly for 25 mins. Sounds like the doors are tryin to close but can't.

The only light that will work is the alarm light!!!

Hazards won't even come on!

Help!!!

doodles99
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi Dynamique

Re: Megane has s#*t itself!

Postby doodles99 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Just got it started with jump leads and drove it about 5 miles home. Got home and it's doin the same thing.

Power steering was beginning to cut out as well as the lights in the displays goin up and down like they are on a dimmer switch.

Goin to Renault in the morning!!!

ukpassking
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane sport tourer 54 1.9dci

Postby ukpassking » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:47 pm

new battery, Same has happened to me. dont buy from renault they will charge an arm an a leg!

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:29 pm

same thing happened to me when the battery was dead, the fluctuation in voltage because of the dead battery (car is running of the alternator only) caused a few warning messages (auto wiper fault), the lights flickering, the power steering feeling weird at low speed, and the ABS computer shut down and illuminated the warning lamp - normal when the voltage isn't steady.
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

AussieMeg
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane II Dynamique LX

Postby AussieMeg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:57 pm

doodles99 wrote:Car opened fine, put the card in, pressed the clutch and the displays between the speedo and rev counter started flickering on and off as it there was no power and the sane thing was happenin with the handbrake light. Now the displays won't even light, the car won't start an it's been clicking constantly for 25 mins. Sounds like the doors are tryin to close but can't.

Exactly the same as mine when the battery failed a couple years ago. New battery, reset security codes and window/sunroof and all well ever since.

It's pretty freaky when it goes wrong, but once the voltage drops below a certain level, the computers just go nuts :-)

grosseberger
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 3 door citrus green Megane II

Postby grosseberger » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:39 pm

mine did this i started it moved it onto the drive to do an oil change everything was fine i had no warning signs that the battery was knackered.when i put the car back together i went to start it and lights flickering wipers going clicking noises. i paid £65 for some mobile dianostic guy to tell me my battery was f__ked.
so i would certainly do that first. btw the reason i paid for the guy to come out was that mine would not even jump start off the wifes car
54 1.5DCI Extreme remapped,JVC Head unit, Pioneer front Kenwood Rear Amp & 10" sub

Return to “Problems / Questions”