Fitting Front Fog Lights

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wyuen1
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane

Fitting Front Fog Lights

Postby wyuen1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:59 pm

hi, i got a megane rush 54 plate, i already completed a few mods like 225 bumper and back box i dont really like the 225 phase 1 front bumper and don't wanna fit the phase 2 r26r front bumper (cost too much for all the parts), fitting the arm rest centre console (before it had some little hole thing).

now to complete my car i want to add the front fog lights. i know i'll need a new indicator/ light stalk with the front fog switch, the fog surround and the lights itself. is there anything else i need? like wiring etc. would this be a big job? and if i do fit it does it needs to get programmed or activated by renault? :?:

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Re: Fitting Front Fog Lights

Postby steve-t » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:28 pm

On the oval plate on drivers side b pillar if it hase EBASE forget about it too much work
Unless want to put in alot of new wiring harnesses
There will be a yellow plug passenger side inside bumper if possable to fit
A new harness is required to go between lights and yellow plug
Now the fun bit a Renault CLIP and laptop is needed to tell the car the lights are fitted
Yes new stalks are needed and its one piece
If you still want to go ahead i have 2 fog lights and the harness required PM me

wyuen1
Passed Theory

Postby wyuen1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm

steve-t wrote:On the oval plate on drivers side b pillar if it hase EBASE forget about it too much work

is the oval plate the one where you find the paint code etc?

wyuen1
Passed Theory

Postby wyuen1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:08 pm

i'm at uni at the moment so i'll check it once i get home. if it does say 'EBASE' then i think i'll just put the fog light on (not connected) just for cosmetics reasons as it looks better on the car, don't really mind it doesn't work as you hardly need it living in london :cool:

steve-t save them fogs for me! pm you soon!

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Postby steve-t » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Thats the one for the code
It is a criminal offence to knowingly drive a car on the public highway with a defective light ie not working even if its not connected
The lights can be fitted with an after market fitting kit ie switch, relay, wiring ect just not on the stalk
ps got one of them too
Was going to fit them to my 1.5dci extreme looked at the job and bought a new car instead
Steve

Return to “Modifications”