2 wheelers

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

2 wheelers

Postby joeishmather » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:46 am

any 2 wheelers on here,
im looking for my first bike, have around £1000 to spend, seen a Cagiva planet that i really like...
what do you have and what would you recommend??

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: 2 wheelers

Postby joeishmather » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:43 am

also looking at this, skyjet 125

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm an ex 2 wheeler :( Make sure that you get a blooming good helmet, I had one which cost £400 and it saved my life and make sure that you get some good protective clothing, it's still hard to beat a good set of leathers.

I've had various off road bikes; RM125, 250 but my favourite was an SP400. Road wise I did the usual at the time; CB100, RD250, RD350 and then went to a GSXR 750. I would stress getting something that is reliable and, when I was biking, Cagiva weren't especially reknowned for their reliability.

I've been out of the game too long to give you any advice on what's about these days and I don't even know the legislation surrounding what you can ride and when but I'd stress that you have a good test ride on whatever you are interested in, try it out in town, on the open road, on the motorway etc and test them in a variety of conditions if possible.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:44 am

I am :)

This is my ride: It's a 99 V plate Triumph Sprint ST 955i Triple, and I love it! :grin

Only got back into biking over the summer, but rode smaller bikes from the age of 16 to about 21. Like Stranger says don't scrimp on the gear you buy, make sure you are well padded and protected, and like Stranger I have had a couple of off's too in my younger days :(
There are helmets and helmets, this website will help you with your choice on safety. https://sharp.direct.gov.uk/ You've only got 1 head, make sure it's protected!

As for which bike to go for well take your time and look around. Now is the time to buy because the traditional bike season has come to an end (april- sept usually) Don't be afraid to get an older bike, most bikers really look after their rides and there are some pristine models out there with low mileages for not too much dosh. Mine is an example of that :)

Happy hunting and safe riding :cool:
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Return to “Everything Else”