Turbo for my 1.6???

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Stormforce
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6

Turbo for my 1.6???

Postby Stormforce » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi firstly I'm new to this club, just wanted to say hi.
I want to gain more power from my car. I don't wish to buy a new car. Wats the best way to get a turbo into my car? Any ideas please guys?

DragTheLake
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Renault Megane 1.5 Dci 80

Re: Turbo for my 1.6???

Postby DragTheLake » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:54 pm

what model do you have?

Stormforce
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6

Postby Stormforce » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:42 am

1.6 dyna sport 2003

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:29 pm

not worth it to be honest, it would cost you in the thousands, lowering the compression, the turbo itself, engine management, custom manifolds, cats, exhausts, its not just as simple as banging a turbo in the mixer, it used to be said that there are three things, power, reliability, cost(cheapness) and you can only have two, for example if you want to do it on the cheap, and make it fast, your going to have reliability problems, if you want it powerful and reliable it aint going to be cheap, and so on.

A better way and probably cost as much as doing the above would be to look out for a crashed 225, ive seen the engines go for a little over 1k, then you'll have instantly double'd the BHP.......................................and your chances of ending up in a bush, or without a license if your not planning on letting your insurance know.

If your wanting to do it mearly for a dump valve sound, buy your self a max power electric dv.

In all honesty your better off buying a derv, 120bhp standard, easily remapped up to 165, massive torque figures if you get an uprated clutch, and your still returning 50mpg, and the insurance is cheap.

Return to “Modifications”