Bang+Check Injection+Smoke= Stop!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Bang+Check Injection+Smoke= Stop!

Postby IainMW » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:09 am

Not a Megane problem (Laguna III 2.0dCi 150) but same lump under the hood!

Brokedown this morning on the way to Middleton. Car has felt flat for a couple of days and this morning was on the M60 with the cruise control on and I tried to accelerate and overtake (stress the word tried!)

Sudden jolt and muffled bang, cruise control fault flashed up then check injection, lots of black smoke and no power? :cry :(

Pulled over and stopped. started up again fine no problem :conf but have a major flat spot until 2500 rpm then it takes of like a rocket? Suspect EGR valve, taking it into garage later.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Bang+Check Injection+Smoke= Stop!

Postby Stranger » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Bloody hell! All the best Iain
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

boydy
Currently Drives:: megane dci 120

Postby boydy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 pm

It sounds like an injector to me, :hm

nejkov
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane II 1.6i 16V VVT Privilège Luxe Hatchback 5dr Ottoman Blue '04

Postby nejkov » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:23 am

Pretty funked up. :sad Sorry.
Renault Mégane II 1.6i 16V VVT Privilège Luxe Hatchback 5dr Ottoman Blue '04

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Well I have a duff Turbo pressure sensor! Strangely the car is behaving itself at the moment :conf

Part ordered along with a new front proximity sensor as well (goes bonkers when it rains and detects anything in low orbit! :lol: :banghead )
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:05 pm

IainMW wrote:
Part ordered along with a new front proximity sensor as well (goes bonkers when it rains and detects anything in low orbit! :lol: :banghead )

Made me laugh!

That seemed to end better than a 'bang' would have first indicated!

Good luck

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:18 am

Well new pressure sensor fitted and... no change :-( :banghead

I've got that many flashing lights on my dash that I'm beginning to think Christmas has come early! :lol:

Car is dangerous to drive at times :eek so it's going back in on Monday night for Tuesday and they are going to do a full check, clean the EGR valve and ECU re-programme.

:hm

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am

What did cause the "bang", Iain? Did the air duct come off?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 am

AlexB wrote:What did cause the "bang", Iain? Did the air duct come off?

No it did'nt and the cause of the bang has not been found so far? It was not a loud bang, more a muffled thud :conf

The symptoms are bizzare, one miunute it will feel completely normal and take off like a scalded cat and the next it's just very reluctant to rev until about 3500rpm then it takes off again or Check Injection flashes up?

The conditions it happens under are always the same though, I am doing a lot of motorway miles at the moment and it seems to happen when I've been cruising along for 15 miles or so and then asking the car to accelerate. Or if I've been sitting in traffic for a while and crawling along at low speed and then accelerating? The reluctance to rev is always accompanied by black smoke.

Car is due a service in October, but I changed the oil and filter after 6500 miles and have done nearly 4000 since then and I've checked the air filter is okay, which it is, and no pipes are disconnected.

Will find out later when I pick it up what else they have found? Fingers crossed :hm

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:09 am

Well ECU re-programmed, EGR checked and cleaned, fault seems to have gone, but now have no Cruise control or Speed limiter? :sad :conf :banghead

Car back in on Monday :cry :dead

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:58 pm

IainMW wrote:Well ECU re-programmed, EGR checked and cleaned, fault seems to have gone, but now have no Cruise control or Speed limiter? :sad :conf :banghead

When they have reprogramed the software they must have activated the CC or SL. It will be a five min job to hook to CLIP and to select it from the appropriate drop down box. Much like how i activated the tyre sensors.

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:48 am

ulrich100 wrote:
IainMW wrote:Well ECU re-programmed, EGR checked and cleaned, fault seems to have gone, but now have no Cruise control or Speed limiter? :sad :conf :banghead

When they have reprogramed the software they must have activated the CC or SL. It will be a five min job to hook to CLIP and to select it from the appropriate drop down box. Much like how i activated the tyre sensors.

Well it's sorted, latest CLIP software needed to be downloaded and installed (seeing as I am their IT support guy I ended up doing it! :lol: )

Return to “Problems / Questions”