ABS ring - Rear discs

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

ABS ring - Rear discs

Postby R55VYS » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:05 am

Alright, im just about to swap my discs over, just wondering if anyone has done it before on here, and if so, did you need to replace your abs ring? or was it easy enough to get off the old ones without breaking it?

Cheers

onlydiesels

Re: ABS ring - Rear discs

Postby onlydiesels » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:06 pm

hi mate,i did my rear discs+pads a while ago,and yes i had to take the old abs rings off to go on the new ones..it was a piece of cake getting them off. they`re not the older style toothed cast rings which are pressed on,they`re more of a flat disc type which are much easier to remove with a little prising..and mine just tapped back on,obviously gently. don`t worry,all will become clear when you get the brake discs off and look at it.

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:32 am

you will need also a high temp glue to place the ring in place and make sure it doenst fell off...

cheers

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:41 pm

tomalamix wrote:you will need also a high temp glue to place the ring in place and make sure it doenst fell off...

cheers

did`nt need to use any on mine,they were a good fit going back on..
suppose it could depend on the brand of discs used though :idea:

iankay1
Currently Drives:: 2004 megane dynamique 2.0

Postby iankay1 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first post on here and i dont suppose it will bemy last. Thanks by the way for this fantastic site as all the advise you have given has been spot on with regards to the problem i had.

My issue is now solved and i think its a new one. :D

i had changed the front and rear discs and pads on my 2004 Megane 2.0. after i had changed everything i took it for a test drive and whilst braking i got a horrible, what i thought was a grinding noise coming from the front of the car. it wasn't grinding it was the abs trying to come on. after a few miles the abs warning light, service light, stop light, and rear brake pad light all came on at once. you can imagine my horror but after looking on here and speaking to a renault mechanic i have solved the problem.

i was told it could be the front abs ring but after putting it on a snapon diagnostics machine it came up with a rear left sensor fault.

i removed the rear left wheel and caliper and rear disc and it turned out that the new disc had blue grease on the abs ring which i believe had come from the new wheel bearing. i gave it all agood clean, put it back together and hay presto problem solved.

thanks again for all your posts and advise. Ian.

Return to “Problems / Questions”