Electric window issues???

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

keithr
Currently Drives:: '56 reg Megane 1.6 Dynamique in Silver

Electric window issues???

Postby keithr » Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 am

Hi everyone! :-)

New to the forum have bought a 56 plate megane 1.6 dynamique which I am picking up on Friday, just have a few questions about the electric windows....

I have read the FAQ and hints sections and can see there can be issues with the windows dropping, but the windows on the car I am due to pick up later this week seem to work OK but just not how I would expect them to work... the car has elec windows all round, and using the drivers door buttons the windows move but only about an inch at a time, if you keep pressing the button the window does eventually go all the way down but I would have thought it would either keep going until you take your finger off the button or have one touch windows???

Are they working normally or can you program them to work differently???

Thanks

Keith

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Re: Electric window issues???

Postby Gav » Wed May 05, 2010 11:24 am

I've read elsewhere on the forum that the windows need to be reset into working with "one-touch". All it means is that the battery has been disconnected (or the appropriate fuse removed and replaced) at some stage and the windows not reset.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

keithr

Postby keithr » Wed May 05, 2010 11:25 am

Ahhhhhhhh........ that makes sense as the battery was flat when we first went to look at it, could anyone point me in the right direction for resetting them?

Thanks

sav0
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci 53 Plate

Postby sav0 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:09 pm

just hold the window controls in the up position for 10 seconds do the passenger and drivers side at the same time

that was easy now wasn't it ;-)

keithr

Postby keithr » Wed May 05, 2010 1:39 pm

sav0 wrote:just hold the window controls in the up position for 10 seconds do the passenger and drivers side at the same time

that was easy now wasn't it ;-)

could have been a whole lot worse :shock:

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Wed May 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Keep an eye on the battery - it was probably flat due to standing for a long time which is nothing to worry about. However, they never fully recharge from flat - so expect to buy another at some stage.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

padiolet
Currently Drives:: Black Megane 1.6 Dynamique cabriolet . was stolen. now drive red version of same

Postby padiolet » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:00 pm

I was told Megane windows are a nightmare in relation to the regulators. I bought a 2005 Megane CC which was stolen about 6 weeks ago. The driver's window, after a while, wouldn't go down ; then hey presto it started working again. Eventually it remained in the down position. Following a phone call I brought it back under warranty to KD Cars , Gilford N.I., who adjusted the regulator there and then. Nice car and a very good follow up service from KD cars. The car itself, was a lovely driver
I dread to think what I might have paid at a Renault Supplier

Mez
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 1.4 16v

Postby Mez » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:09 pm

certain renaults were recalled due to window motors call your local dealer if you find you have problems #:)

Return to “Problems / Questions”