Boot Build...

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

D3YMO

Boot Build...

Postby D3YMO » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:46 pm

I hope you can help!

Well i built a sub box for my girlfriend and i am unable to find the correct accoustic/trimming carpet to match the interior of the boot. If possible i want it to be a 100% match...

I have looked and looked and could'nt find a thing, Does anybody know where they supply this ?

The only other thing i thought of doing is to find a megane which is being broken for parts and purchase the rear seats, strip them of there carpet trim and hopefully use that to cover the box, as i looking quickly at the carpet floor it looks a little to thick to trim with and is reinforced with some sort of boarding.

Thanks
Adam

(If it helps this is the box shape)
Last edited by D3YMO on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Re: Boot Carpet Problem...

Postby BlueMeganeII » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:21 pm

Would it not just be easier to build this into the spare wheel well? Theres a few very good ones on here and Meganesport - plus speaking from experience, thatpart of the car cumples in a crash, I wouldn't want to be the passenger sat in front of that - front or rear.

D3YMO

Re: Boot Carpet Problem...

Postby D3YMO » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:35 pm

its already made now matey, but yes your opinion about recessing it the spare wheel would have been easier, but to get the best out of the system putting it there would not been of benefit

ive found the carpet too, pretty good match if i do say so myself

heres a few pics:

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Re: Boot Build...

Postby BlueMeganeII » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Looks like as good as match as you could possibly get. Have you not found the board that runs along the bottom of the boot sags anyway? Where did you find the carpet in the end?

Makes the install look nice and clean now.

D3YMO

Postby D3YMO » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 am

i have reinforced the floor with mdf but yes i did find it sagged a little

in the pictures above the carpet is just dumped in there as i am going to retrim the floor as the old carpet was ruined

i use a trimming suppliers to get some of my stuff (its around 40 miles away so im not there much) but i managed to get down at the weekend and they had the stuff - alot of it lol - there called Martrim and are near Sandbach, NW, only £6 per 1m and its 2m wide the roll

ill get some more pics up of it finished at weekend :)

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Smart job fella. Looks very well.

How do you get the spair wheel out if you need it? Does that box just lift out?

Also as said about. I wouldnt let anyone you care about sit in that rear seat. If you are rear ended they are fooked. The C pillars are the crumple zone in the car and something as ridgid as that is either going to go through the back seat or more likly cause the catch to fail and bend the person in half.

D3YMO

Postby D3YMO » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:36 pm

yes the box is velcro'd onto the floor and the side of the car and is easily pulled from the side (got the girlfriend to test it and she did it with ease)

you could say that about any car though, and it would be the same scenario if you had a box of tools etc in there and had a crash, but thanks for the info as it seems to be a common fact in the meganes case

mark826
Currently Drives:: 1.6 vvt dynamique megane 3 door in blue

Postby mark826 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Are u going to make some to sell??

McLaren
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane

Postby McLaren » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:11 am

mark826 wrote:Are u going to make some to sell??

Yea i would have one of you

Return to “ICE”