Help with 6 CD Changer please guys!

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

markee

Help with 6 CD Changer please guys!

Postby markee » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi

We have a Megane II CC Privilege.

It has a separate tuner and single CD, with a 6CD changer below.

The problem is that when you change the source (SRC) to get the CD changer, it is stuck on "Eject CD 6".

My girlfriend was in the process of ejecting a CD, but pressed another function button before it completed. Now the CD changer is stuck on the message above and the unit does not respond to any button pushes and non of the CD LEDs light. I suspect the unit has tried to eject the disc, but the disc has not some out so its just waiting until it cant detect the disc any more?

Does anyone know of any tricks to reset the unit or get the disc out?

If I have to remove the unit to get the disc out, is it possible to remove the CD changer without removing the single CD/Tuner and if so how?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers

Mark

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Re: Help with 6 CD Changer please guys!

Postby ICEMAN » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:55 pm

yes you can remove the 6 disc changer...there shoul be some slots on the side of the 6 disc changer....if you can get somehting in there, it will push back the pins holding the unit in, then you should be able to remove the system!...should!!

as far as getting the CD out you have a few options

1. leave the 6 disc changer out - take out any visible fuses (not sure if there is any at the back) and leave for a few hours, then re-connect. see if that triggers the reset.
2. CARFULLY remove the top of the HU and CARFULLY slide the disc through the slot...

thas my advise...if your unsure, then take it to a car ausio shop for assistance
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

markee

Re: Help with 6 CD Changer please guys!

Postby markee » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Right, seem to have sorted it.

As the fuse marked as "Radio" is not actually the radio as it stays on after the fuse is removed, I have to resort to dissconnection of the battery and leaving for 15 minutes.

After this, the CD changer came back to life and the CD in question ejected with no problems.

Looks like the "firmware" had frozen and needed a system reset to reboot?

Thanks for the help and advice.

Return to “ICE”