pioneer ts-q131c's and Megane 225?

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

unclejimbo
Currently Drives:: Megane 225 55 Plate- Ktec filter

pioneer ts-q131c's and Megane 225?

Postby unclejimbo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi I have been reading lots about the pioneer ts-q131c's and have had enough of the awful standard speakers in my '55' reg megane 225. Iam about to bite the bullet and buy a set- can someone confirm these are a straight swap and easy to fit into the doors? Also in your opinion are they worth the money- not that anything could be worse than the standard speakers.
In terms of fitting having looked at the door panels it seems that they have two small spanner bolts at the bottom im assuming that is how you gain access to the speakers?
All help much appreciated- cheers guys.

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Re: pioneer ts-q131c's and Megane 225?

Postby A13XDT » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:25 pm

The speakers are a straight swap, literally unscrew two screws in each and pull out the connector. They are much much better, although I do want to put dynamat in the door to stop the outer trim rattling.
To access the speakers, open the door, and you can literally pull a small panel off, without pulling the whole door card off. This gives you access to the speaker and nothing else. When your in there, I duct taped all the excess holes to improve the bass a bit.
If you need any pictures i'm sure I can grab some quick for you
Alex

unclejimbo

Postby unclejimbo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Excellent thankyou very much for the help. I think photos would be very helpful of this smaller panel you can remove. So do i not need to remove the two spanner bolts at the base of the door to access the speakers. Do you know if the 225 is different.
Thanks again

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Postby A13XDT » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:03 pm

225 is exactly the same.

(image is blatantly pinched from another forum with arrows added by me)

Open the door, start pulling the small panel, starting at the red arrow. There are a fair few clips in it, and it may feel like your breaking it first. The whole panel indicated by the yellow lines will come off. Be careful, there is plastic tab that slides underneath the material part of door card (indicated by the green circle). Once the clips are loose, you need to slide the panel forward towards the front edge of door to let this panel escape.
Hope this helps
Alex

unclejimbo

Postby unclejimbo » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:40 am

Thankyou very much mate- will order these up today and let you know how i get on.
Thanks again mate very useful :-)

mr. megane
Passed Theory

Postby mr. megane » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:59 am

I installed a set of TS-Q131c's recently and can confirm they are a straight swap. The instructions that come with the speakers are easy to follow and paired with the explanation given in this thread there's no going wrong.
As I'm an absolute blank about cars and managed to do the install in less than 30 minutes I'm positive anyone with less than eleven thumbs will also do so :wink:

mr. megane
Passed Theory

Postby mr. megane » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:03 am

Oh, and they sound much better that the originals although I did find it necessary to set loudness on 'low'. But of course, that is matter of taste. I have a Pioneer DEH-600BT HU.
Then again, the speakers are not that big :)

Return to “ICE”