Noisy rear brakes

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

faffer
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Qashqai, Alfa Ph2 Spider & company Octavia

Noisy rear brakes

Postby faffer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:48 am

Our 06 CC Dynamiqe 1.6 (12k) rear brakes are noisy when reversing parking etc...Car has recently been back to dealers for other issues and this item was listed, the garage have informed us that the noisy brakes are a "Renault technical update" although the fix may be a chargeable one.
Any ideas on technical updates?

Other issues were
Dash lights not working on auto light mode- They have fixed this
Drivers window not stopping correctly at top (glass moving and creaking)- New regulator needed
AC stopped working- New compressor connector needed
I suspect that not all work will be covered on warranty and no doubt will be asked to make a "contribution" when the car goes back in next week (parts had to be ordered in)...Dave

Meggyman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in grey.
Full leather etc

Re: Noisy rear brakes

Postby Meggyman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 am

Squeaky rear brakes seem to be the norm with em. My old 53 plate Megane II did it. So does the current one although not as often or as loud.
56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in Grey.
Full leather etc

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Yep I think you are right, my rears squeal, usually when moving slowly parking or Traffic lights etc you know when there are loads of people around to look at you and go OOooooo what a racket! mine sound even worse going backwards, they make this awful humming vibration sound sometimes, it's embarasing!
I can't belive that Renault could not get this right, considering cars have had rear disc brakes for many years, it is not new technology at all, from what I can gather it is something to do with the caliper vibrating on the mounting pins, copper grease on the pins stops it for a while I belive. not done mine yet to let you know.

nipper9
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.5 106ps Dynamique S

Postby nipper9 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:08 am

This is a dealer issue, fixed for free on our last car as a 'technical issue'

faffer
Passed Theory

Postby faffer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:32 am

nipper9 wrote:This is a dealer issue, fixed for free on our last car as a 'technical issue'

Our dealer has put all the other items right. I have asked him to give me a "what needs doing" to fix the brakes issues along associated pricing.
The original 3yr warranty has expired and this sort of thing isn't covered on the dealer 12mth warranty that came with the used car purchase. One ray of light though was the the telephone conversation that I had with RenaultCustomerServices, I will keep my fingers crossed.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:48 am

2004 car, private purchase! so if anyone has any details of what was done would be quite helpful please.

JasonS
Learner Driver

Postby JasonS » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Mine is the same.. awful howling sound when reversing then braking..
2005 Megane CC Monaco 1.9dci 130

faffer
Passed Theory

Postby faffer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:55 am

The brakes have been fixed! helped along by a very generous contribution from Renault Customer Services :D .
Apparently the rear calipers are bolted to "yokes" these need to be replaced with heavier duty ones and a new set of rear pads.Our dealer cost for the "fix" is a few pence short of £300 (labour costs may vary between garages). It has made such a difference, can now park on the drive late at night without cringing.

Return to “Megane CC”