please help

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

luka.minelli
Currently Drives:: 3door megane mk2 1.6

please help

Postby luka.minelli » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi. new to this site so sorry if these questions have been coverd before.

*i have had my 1.6 53 plate megane 8 months now an still cant get used to the clutch!!! its really frustrating!!! :banghead is this something more people are finding or is it a problem with my clutch???? (or me) lol :lol:

* when accelerating, the gear stick moves...is this also normal or is it a problem? i dont know because this is my first car so havnt got a clue??? :?

*i also want to get some of those aero blade wipers. are they any good? and are there any makes you suggest me to get?

*i have just got the grey bumpers sprayed and want to get a exhaust for it. but theres nothing really that suits it that i have seen apart from the 225 exhaust or the GT exhaust.
i love the 225 bumpers and exhaust but dont want to change all the bumpers as it will cost a few quid. so do you know if the gt plate is just stuck onto the standerd bumpers or will i need to get different bumpers? and where i could possible buy one of those plates as i want to get the exhaust custom made.
https://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product ... 2451&pic=2

*i would also like to lower the car slightly, does this make a whole lot of difference in ride comfort as i have already got lower profile tyres on the car now???

ohhh and one last thing, is there anything i can do to the car to improve proformance, i have heard that getting them remapped is a waist of money on the 1.6 engines as there is not much you can do with them?

Thanks!!!!! :cool:

Luka :rock

rik220
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: "99 1.2 Clio
Soon to be a 3dr megane

Re: please help

Postby rik220 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Hello.
Your not on ur own with the clutch. Iv had my 1.6 megane since may and im still not used to it and i can usually jump into any car and drive it!
Yes, the aeroflat wipers are good but you need too get good ones, i went for bosch aerotwin ones, they are good.
I havnt any experience with any of your other questions, though I lowered my last car and the ride comfort was reduced. Speed bumps need to be taken a lot slower.

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:49 pm

DNX make a nice direct fit backbox twin 75mm
got one in my shed had it on my 1.6
pm your email i'll send a photo
renault do retro fit flat wipers Part number 77 11 236 178
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

luka.minelli
Currently Drives:: 3door megane mk2 1.6

Postby luka.minelli » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:58 pm

thanks rik, will get me some of those wipers on the weekend i think!!! cheers mate :cool:

Return to “Modifications”