Megane GT rear bumper

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

onlyme
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: PUNTO MK2

Megane GT rear bumper

Postby onlyme » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:51 pm

hello. as Im planning to get a twin exit exhaust some time soon i was wondering if the Megane GT rear bumper would fit my 04 1.6 meg... i really hope it will lol

anyone shed any light?

tallpaul
Pass Plus

Re: Megane GT rear bumper

Postby tallpaul » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:35 pm

yeah it will, good luck finding one tho!!
52 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique 5dr ● 18" Team Dynamics Pro Comp II ● OEM clear lights ● OEM RenaultSport 225 Front Bumper ● Yellow Fogs ● Black Roof

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:45 pm

lol cheers pall. quite rare i guess? was thinking about getting a quote for one from a stealer.

tallpaul
Pass Plus

Postby tallpaul » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:18 pm

I've seen 1 or 2 on ebay since the GT came out, for reference, when I enquired at Renault just the GT silver surround was £90!
52 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique 5dr ● 18" Team Dynamics Pro Comp II ● OEM clear lights ● OEM RenaultSport 225 Front Bumper ● Yellow Fogs ● Black Roof

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:53 pm

tallpaul wrote:I've seen 1 or 2 on ebay since the GT came out, for reference, when I enquired at Renault just the GT silver surround was £90!

actually. Now Youv said that i just had a thought.. from memory (i haven't compared yet) but apart from the silver surround, the GT bumper is identical to the standard Megan bumper is that right?

what im thinking is i may be able to simply integrate the surounds into my current bumper.... think it could be done? this would avoid spraying a new bumper and save a lot of cash if it worked... obviously it would involve cutting and binding but im not scared of any of that. however i may get a body shop to do it.

what do you think?

does tallpaul know all the answers? lets see hehe

thank you buddy!

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 pm

yeah just checked, there identical. or deff look to be. what du think pall?

tallpaul
Pass Plus

Postby tallpaul » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:15 pm

i only know because I looked into it myself, and its been asked at least a dozen times on here!!

the bumper is different when looked at from the side, that said you can just stick the surround on your standard bumper, but it won't be perfect. There's a member on here who's done the same.

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am

tallpaul wrote:i only know because I looked into it myself, and its been asked at least a dozen times on here!!

the bumper is different when looked at from the side, that said you can just stick the surround on your standard bumper, but it won't be perfect. There's a member on here who's done the same.

sorry paul. i wasnt being cocky it was ment as a compliment! i did a search but found nothing relating to using the GT surround at all

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:50 pm

When the GT came out it was as a phase 2 face lift model
the rear bumper changed too as the phase 1 mud guards do not fit
slight change in shape
I don't know if fixing points will be the same
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:34 pm

fixing points for the bumper are the same, bumps strips arent

tallpaul
Pass Plus

Postby tallpaul » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 pm

onlyme wrote:
tallpaul wrote:i only know because I looked into it myself, and its been asked at least a dozen times on here!!

sorry paul. i wasnt being cocky it was ment as a compliment! i did a search but found nothing relating to using the GT surround at all

no worries mate, i didn't mean my reply to sound arsey!

Return to “Modifications”