Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

onlyme
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: PUNTO MK2

new to the meg

Postby onlyme » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:03 pm

well hello,
I have kinda done things backwards as iv already been using the forum for a number of days now. :)
my name is simon, im 20 and from leeds. at the moment i drive a 1.2 punto 8v... nothing amazing but it's a little stunner and I have put a lot of time and work into it. (id put a pic in here but im not sure how as of yet.

I am very keen on the megane and have fallen in love with it over the last year or so. I am a regular visitor to silverstones Renault week end and iv decided its time to make the risky switch from Italian to french. I am looking at the 1.6 VVT 3drs at the mo. and I will be test driving my first tomorrow, hopefully I will be placing a deposit if the car is sound. it has the panaramic roof witch i love!

So, hello, and thank you for such a nice welcome from those who have helped me with questions already and I hope to continue as a regular member in the months to come!

Simon.

PS I can only apologize for my spelling and grammar, I do try my best to take time aside to spell check everything but this takes some time and being dyslexic as well as a few other problems I have, it sometimes makes it difficult for me to spot if I have worded or structured something incorrect. This has caused me a great deal of hassle and agro from members on other forums and I thank you for your patience in advance! im hoping this forum is more sivilised.

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Re: new to the meg

Postby A13XDT » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Welcome along again!

3 door megane with the pan sunroof will be a lovely car mate.

Pictures can be added from photobucket or similar hosting site, or from the 'img' button when your typing a post.

And dont worry about the spelling or grammer, nobody is here to judge!

Alex

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Welcome Simon. I wouldn't worry about your spelling/grammar. Im one of those people who type with one finger and then never read what ive typed before pressing the send button :roll:

Good luck with the test drive :cool:
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:17 pm

cheers guys! realy looking forward to it. its a grown up car compared to my garage history lol. but im keen to make it work!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:14 am

Hello Simon and welcome along.

Re: Pictures, slap them into photobucket or something similar, or host them on your own webspace if you have some, then copy the image tag and paste and paste it in to your post.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:28 pm

Well, after viewing the car and having a good talk with the dealer im proud to say as of friday evening I will be the proud new owner of a very tidy megane 1.6 VVT. I haven't actually drivem the car yet as im not fully comp, so I went with my dad and he did the deed.
He says the car drives very well indeed, it feels very responsive and comfortable.
only problem we had was the breaks. from the start there was a horrible judder and wobble under any amount of breaking, my dad being clued up decided to drive a good few miles left foot breaking wile accelorating to run the breaks in. this lead to the judder getting a lot better and almost non existent towards the end of the drive, this to us said the car had been sat for a very long time on the forecourt and when we got back we found out it had indeed been sat for 3 months not doing a lot.
it's an 04 with 50500 on the clock, with a pan roof and full service history, I am paying 4.2k is this a good amount?
in the deal we have managed to get
6 months tax
A full MOT check and anything that needs doing (breaks are a deff!)
And 4 new good quality tyers.

im a very happy chappy at the mo :)

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:37 pm

Nice one Simon. Did you get any warranty with the car? Make sure you get some because you will always forget to check something when on your test drive and its only when you get home and have a good play that you may find something.

Price seems good, is it 3/5 door? Metallic paint? Anyway take some photos join up on www.photobuket.com (its free) and paste the [IMG] code for the photo in here this weekend wont you :cool:
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:44 pm

i will do when i get the car bro

its a 3door with silver paint, it seems to have a hint of blue in it.

and i have a 30 day warently in witch to have a good fiddle lol. this forum has already fixed one problem with the window for me lol

cant wait to have a good play :)

Return to “Introductions”