Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Re: Pics of completed exterior modifications

Postby A13XDT » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:02 am

It looks to me like this kit

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyling/Cars/showit.php?pnum=1225

However, I could be wrong. It is however a nice take on the RS bumpers. But in my opinion I like the Renault Badge on the front.

Luke, the wheels are a good choice too, probably as close as you could get to the R26 alloys without having to change the hubs to 5 stud!

Alex

luke2g2
Passed Theory

Postby luke2g2 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:28 am

onlyme wrote:this car looks stunning, would i be right in thinking this is not a 225 but infact a very good replica? i am soon to buy a 1.6 VVT and this is the road i would love to go down.
if i am corect with the above id be interested in how much the bumper kit set you back my friend.

thank you for your help

Yeah, thats right its a 1.6 dynamique model. I'm actually looking to sell it in about a month if you'd be interested?

The bumper kit is the one Alex has highlighted above, I had a good deal though I think they were doing a promotional offer of 20% off. If you don't fancy that exact kit I would def recommend an ibherdesign kit because they are the best quality fibreglass kits you can get, I've heard nightmare stories about other makes.

lexhardon
Currently Drives:: Megane sport hatch 2.0 16v 136

Postby lexhardon » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:11 pm

hi mate,

car looks sweet!!

Where did you get the wheels from?? what make model are they, can see the're tsw's.

looking for similar style for my megane.

itd be great if you could let me know

thanks alex

luke2g2
Passed Theory

Postby luke2g2 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:15 pm

They're tsw pace 19" jobs.

onlyme
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: PUNTO MK2

Postby onlyme » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:35 pm

luke2g2 wrote:
onlyme wrote:this car looks stunning, would i be right in thinking this is not a 225 but infact a very good replica? i am soon to buy a 1.6 VVT and this is the road i would love to go down.
if i am corect with the above id be interested in how much the bumper kit set you back my friend.

thank you for your help

Yeah, thats right its a 1.6 dynamique model. I'm actually looking to sell it in about a month if you'd be interested?

The bumper kit is the one Alex has highlighted above, I had a good deal though I think they were doing a promotional offer of 20% off. If you don't fancy that exact kit I would def recommend an ibherdesign kit because they are the best quality fibreglass kits you can get, I've heard nightmare stories about other makes.

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:37 pm

luke2g2 wrote:

thank you for your help

i would be interested however i would asume your prive is well out of reach of my 4.5k budget. my only hope realy is that i will have the drive to do something as nice as this.. i love it

luke2g2
Passed Theory

Postby luke2g2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:21 am

I'll probably start it off at around 6k and then reduce the price if I have to.

You should be able to get a good standard megane for 4.5k maybe with some to spare. Just make sure you take your time when modifying, as it can go all wrong easily with one wrong choice :D

onlyme
Just Passed

Postby onlyme » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:14 pm

luke2g2 wrote:I'll probably start it off at around 6k and then reduce the price if I have to.

You should be able to get a good standard megane for 4.5k maybe with some to spare. Just make sure you take your time when modifying, as it can go all wrong easily with one wrong choice :D

i have spent a lot of time modifying my present car. i will be treating the megane like my baby as i have my punto. thank you very much for the wise words luke! i hope to have mine like yours one day :)

DaiTurbo

Postby DaiTurbo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:11 pm

@ luke2g2

Hi Mate, do you buy your petrol in a Morrisons Store, i think i saw this car in a local one to me, one day last week.

luke2g2
Passed Theory

Postby luke2g2 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 pm

DaiTurbo wrote:@ luke2g2

Hi Mate, do you buy your petrol in a Morrisons Store, i think i saw this car in a local one to me, one day last week.

Lol, yeah I do, I actually live on the estate, car could do with a good clean at the mo!

Nige
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03' Renaultsport Megane 1.4 16v...NO FAULTS HERE! :-D

Postby Nige » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Very Very smart looking motor! Well Done!
03' Megane 1.4 16v 3Dr, N.Ireland

Readdogg
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Waiting To buy another 1.9 DCI, Kit it,Chip it, Rip it ------- VaVaVoom ------

Postby Readdogg » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:05 pm

hi mate, I see that your selling your megane, thats a shame!! careful you dont regret it.... Please can you tell me where you got your wheels from ???

Cheers

luke2g2
Passed Theory

Postby luke2g2 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:52 pm

It's been sold! The wheels were from a company called midland wheels off eBay. They do some good deals!

Readdogg
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Waiting To buy another 1.9 DCI, Kit it,Chip it, Rip it ------- VaVaVoom ------

Postby Readdogg » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Thanks mate I will be looking them up as I have been told these wheels dont fit the megane, but quite plainly they do ;-). Love what you did with that megane m8, Im looking forward to making another kitted one for myself like my old one.

ian7675
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 1.6vvt Dynamique

Postby ian7675 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Those wheels aren't made any more. Good luck in finding some that fit the Megane, especially if you want 19" like those. They do pop up on Ebay, but not very often :cool:

Return to “Modifications”