200 Megane CC hit from behind :0(

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

19megane77
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 2005 Dynamique 1.6 (Gold/Silver)

200 Megane CC hit from behind :0(

Postby 19megane77 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:37 am

A taxi driver drove into the back of me last night, doing about 30mph. Was waiting at junction and he didnt see me stop. Now the roof wont go back up. his car was a write off and ours looks like most of the damage will have been done under the surface. I really hope it isnt a write off, but am assuming the worst seeing as the boot is stuck open and the roof wont move.

The taxi driver clearly didnt believe that the accident was his fault, never apologised to me or my 6 y/old daughter (who went to hospital on a stretcher) and was generally being a right tw@t about everythng. I'm so angry. To make things worse my shoulders are killing me and i cant even speak to my insurers until monday morning

Anyone else been in a situation where their megane has been shunted from behind??

neil :(

DAZZA
Currently Drives:: magane cabriolat cc extreme

Re: 200 Megane CC hit from behind :0(

Postby DAZZA » Sun May 31, 2009 7:25 pm

if the boots open could'nt you put the roof up manually like it says in the book . ps screw the to**er for all you can hope youre daughters not hurt to much
Last edited by DAZZA on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magane cc 1.6 extreme

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Postby Toodeep » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 am

There are no circumstances . . . . none . . . where someone can hit you from behind and not be at fault. A taxi driver in particular should know that he should remain sufficiently alert and drive at a speed and distance that would allow him to react to anything, however unexpected, the car in front does. Even if the front car's brake lights didn't work the blame would be shared.

I fear your car will be expensive and perhaps impractical to repair as the folding mechanism operates to tight tolerances. From what you say, the visible damage to your outer bodywork is minimal which is a bad sign as the force has to be absorbed somewhere. His front crumple zone seems to have taken a lot of it but you being stationary doesn't bode well. Any repair would probably need major jig work and I suspect the car would never be the same (creaks and leaks etc).

More importantly, I hope there are no permanent effects, physical or otherwise, for you or your child. The taxi driver will know the implications (not least for his pocket) and be concocting his story, quite possibly backed by phantom 'witnesses', right now. If there were no witnesses and can have been none or you know he didn't take anyone's details, be emphatic about this point in your statement to your insurers.

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:47 pm

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope the both of you are not seriously injured.

Most taxis I have been in have a "dont ever use the brakes" policy.

djkav
Passed Theory

Postby djkav » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:43 am

19megane77 wrote:A taxi driver drove into the back of me last night, doing about 30mph. Was waiting at junction and he didnt see me stop. Now the roof wont go back up. his car was a write off and ours looks like most of the damage will have been done under the surface. I really hope it isnt a write off, but am assuming the worst seeing as the boot is stuck open and the roof wont move.

The taxi driver clearly didnt believe that the accident was his fault, never apologised to me or my 6 y/old daughter (who went to hospital on a stretcher) and was generally being a right tw@t about everythng. I'm so angry. To make things worse my shoulders are killing me and i cant even speak to my insurers until monday morning

Anyone else been in a situation where their megane has been shunted from behind??

neil :(

Yup I was shunted from behind in Feb 2009. By a police woman on her way to work. The funny thing is it happened right outside the police station. Luckily everyone was unharmed. I hope ur daughters and yourself will recover fine.

The taxi driver is at fault as he hit you from behind, as long as you wasn't reversing in the road. His attituted towards you tells me he's a jerk.

Here is a couple of pics of my RTA taken on the day. 1 is of mine and the other is the police woman's car. Looks like the CC is a solidly built car looking at her crumpled front.

Mine (My boot won't close at that time):

The other:
'57 Megane CC dCi 106 Privilege // Gun Metal

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:40 am

be emphatic about this point in your statement to your insurers.

Wel lets hope your insurance company is NOT churchill insurance :oops:
My wife had an RTA in her Coupe, this guy pulled half onto pavement and stopped, my wife came up behind slowed, indicated to pass as she was passing he pulled out to do a U turn on the main road and smashed right into her passenger wing bending it completly and denting the door, even the guys wife said to the her husband I told you this sat nav would cause an accident, apparantly it had told him to turn around, so he did, obviously his fault, for it to be my wifes she would have had to hit him, so her nose would have been damaged not the side of her car.
Churchill had 4 statments, and 4 lots of images of the scene sent to them, lost every one of them, spoke to them constantly on the phone and got no were, then after about 9 months all went quiet from them, so we rang again to find out what was going on to be told they had settled the claim for the other party and we where at blame, how? my wife asked, thier reply was"well you did not send us any statments or images to back up the claim"!!! you can imagine what her reply was to them, then not a week later my wife gets a county court letter through the letter box from the other side solicitor, claiming repair to the vehicle and hire car charges, with a court date, churchill said ignor it they always send these out. but my wife rang thier solicitor who sent the letter, who told her if you do you will be hit with all the charges, we have tried to get payment from churchill who amazingly agreed it was your fault but to date have not paid or responded to our letters since, that was over a MONTH ago, by talking to the other side solicitor we got the court date cancelled and made churchill payup, we complained to churchill and eventually (12 months) got our Excess back £350 and another whole £50 in compensation for thier incompitance, WOW!
All I can say is watch your insurance company carefully and make sure they do thier job, bear in mind also you DO NOT have to take it to thier designated bodyshop, the job they did on my wife car smacked of child with spray can, they will try and talk you out of it, scare you with the "extra cost to YOU" line, no loan car but most good bodyshops will give you one anyway, they get a cheap deal in thier "designated" shops so they will try alsorts of tactics to keep you there, if you know it is a bad one stand tall and don't let them push you around, the hasel is worth it, it took us months of arguments with churchill to get my wifes car sorted out to a half decent standard, eventually I paid for it myself at another spray shop to get the colour to match and the runs removed, I also ended up paying for the wheel trim which the old spray shop lost, so they took the driver rear off and put it on the passenger front, well as we all know you onlt have to look at the rear of a wheel trim to know which end it came off, especially where the vehicle in question has rear DRUM brakes, so watch them, they take your cash quick enough, this is now thier end of the deal so make em keep to it. :banghead

Return to “Megane CC”