Audio Connection Box (Tunepoint) for Renault

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:54 pm

Gav wrote:Found it on the UK Renault website:
https://www.renault.co.uk/TunePoint.aspx
They seem to be calling it the TunePoint

Thanks ; I wonder do they sell it seperately...and if they do who n where can I get it from & @ wat price... :) cheers...

*Some write up mentioned that 'TunePoint' multimedia system worth (£150)....
The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

sideswipe
Advanced Driver

Postby sideswipe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:24 am

I dont know why I torment myself with Arnold Shark.........I am very itrested in this item , so called them up as I still have my 10% discount card....................Now I was told the price of this is wait for it..................Siting down.................lie back a bit..............£172:65 NOT INCLUDING FITTING.

Now tell me if this is a dealer part and it can be sold else where for around £70 -£80 .I am shocked and angered that this so called family business can shft people right left and centre, I think I have made it my life long ambition to make sure no one buys ANYTHING from them
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Tue May 01, 2007 8:47 pm

sideswipe wrote:I dont know why I torment myself with Arnold Shark.........I am very itrested in this item , so called them up as I still have my 10% discount card....................Now I was told the price of this is wait for it..................Siting down.................lie back a bit..............£172:65 NOT INCLUDING FITTING.

Now tell me if this is a dealer part and it can be sold else where for around £70 -£80 .I am shocked and angered that this so called family business can shft people right left and centre, I think I have made it my life long ambition to make sure no one buys ANYTHING from them

Hmmmmm!!! If someone can source this @ £70 -£80 over £150-£170+ .... will be Ideal!
The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.

glen290
Learner Driver

Postby glen290 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:21 am

I will ask about this later when i hopefully go to pick my car up from the dealers later today..
http://www.bowl-northwest.co.uk
Sport Hatch Driver Black MII 2.0l VVT.

nickb23

Postby nickb23 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Don't know if this is a lie, but I emailed Renault UK customer services to see if i could get a list of compatible MP3 players for the tunepoint, and got the following reply....

Dear Mr Bedford

Thank you for your further e-mail.

I can confirm that Renault UK do not supply Tunepoint USB adaptors.

I hope that I have answered your question. If you have any other enquiries please feel free to contact us at Renault Customer Services.

All I wanted to know is if i could use my creative zen xtra with it......

Nick

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Fri May 18, 2007 3:03 am

nickb23 wrote:Don't know if this is a lie, but I emailed Renault UK customer services to see if i could get a list of compatible MP3 players for the tunepoint, and got the following reply....

Dear Mr Bedford

Thank you for your further e-mail.

I can confirm that Renault UK do not supply Tunepoint USB adaptors.

I hope that I have answered your question. If you have any other enquiries please feel free to contact us at Renault Customer Services.

All I wanted to know is if i could use my creative zen xtra with it......

Nick

DAMN!... and stupid excuses...

Cristhiam

Re: Audio Connection Box (Tunepoint) for Renault

Postby Cristhiam » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:21 pm

This link works for renault webpage: http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/accessories/tunepoint.aspx

I also search on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Multifunctional-Audio-Connection-Box-V2_W0QQitemZ300282549290QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item300282549290&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 but its appear as Universal Audio Connection Box.

Does anyone knows if is the same or on ebay is a generic one...

Sorry about my English... Im from peru and im just buy a megane... so i have tu buy this accesory in UK.

Andy_CC
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane CC and Nissan Navara Avantura

Postby Andy_CC » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Cristhiam wrote:This link works for renault webpage: http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/accessories/tunepoint.aspx

I also search on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Multifunctional-Audio-Connection-Box-V2_W0QQitemZ300282549290QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item300282549290&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 but its appear as Universal Audio Connection Box.

Does anyone knows if is the same or on ebay is a generic one...

Sorry about my English... Im from peru and im just buy a megane... so i have tu buy this accesory in UK.

That is the one for a renault, dont know why they have listed it as universal when it will only plug into the renault radio!
07 Megane CC 1.6 Dynamique and Nissan Navara Avantura with 215 bhp and 480n/m Torque wooohooooo!!!!

khalberrou

Postby khalberrou » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:34 pm

good day all,

I have found the original renault audio connection box on a german ebay store at this link:
https://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Renault-Au ... dZViewItem

it costs 139 eurs.
(i don't speak german) so i was wondering if this german seller would answer my emails, so all what i could do is sending an email to the seller asking him if he can ship this item to the middle East to Dubai and how much the shipping cost could be. he responded same day and sent me all the required information, after i made the payment he promised to ship it as a registered mail on 3rd Feb 2009. the item has arrived on 09 Feb 2009. i have installed it and it works just perfect. It wants about 20 mins to be installed. i did it myself.

beleive me guys, it is something which you would like to install in your car, forget all FM modulers this is the soluotion whcich renaulters want.

this is the address of Frank who is incharge:

Lüdemann & Zankel AG
Porschering 14
24568 Kaltenkirchen
Tel: +49 4191 / 93 00 30 Fax: +49 4191 / 93 00 22
Domain: https://www.lzautomobile.de Email: tomaschewski@lzautomobile.de

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Mon May 18, 2009 9:25 pm

I've come onto this topic a bit later in the day, 2 years to be precise

did any of you guys fit one of these to a megane with update list hu as fitted to an 08 dynamicque ?

I've been running my mp3 thru a fm transmitter last couple of days and the signal quality is not great
am going to try and speak to renault tommorrow but there not always the sharpest knife in the drawer
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Kevin22
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport Hatch
1.5dCi 106
Dynamique

Postby Kevin22 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:01 pm

I have an 08 dynamique megane with the updated list HU with a multi-tune point installed by renault and i must say it is def really good for use with the ipod, allows volume controls, skipping back and forth tracks etc!

However it only works through playlists, 6 at the most with a maximum of 99 songs... this is due to the fact that the multitune point connects in where the 6 dick cd changer connects, and the 99 song max seems to be because the cd player HU cannot count to triple figures! ;-)

Only prob i have with the multi-tune point is that there are no names of songs displayed, i think if it was connected to the renault upgraded mp3 cd player it would display the song name! :-(

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 pm

if renault do an mp3 cd upgrade for the 08's does that retain the steering wheel controls ?

anyone got any idea on the cost ?
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

Kevin22
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport Hatch
1.5dCi 106
Dynamique

Postby Kevin22 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:29 pm

As far as i know the mp3 HU looks very similar to the standard HU, so i would assume it does connect to the steering wheel controls!

Optional extra, prob around £400 knowing the stealers prices! :-(

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:51 pm

managed to get one off ebay, £50 so a good deal, does anyone know how to get the glove box out so i can fit it in there, currently it is sat under cup holders

found the screws at the front and in the roof of the box at the front but not moving

will also post this in ownership problems
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

easog
Currently Drives:: Original 1999 Megane Scenic but getting a 2008 Grand Scenic 1st June

Postby easog » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Hey,
Anyone know how the Tunepoint orders directories on a stick drive? Just bought a Scenic Exresssion with one fitted and started playing with it.
I have stuck a one meg stick in, each album in a separate directory but can't work out how it is allocating the disk number to each directory. Its not alphabetical, it doesn't appear to be in order the directory was created or last modified.
No major problem but it is a wonder.
Andrew

Return to “ICE”