Roof Problem

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Thrisey
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 1.9DCi & Renault Megane Coupe 1.4 Phase 2

Roof Problem

Postby Thrisey » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 am

I have a 2004 1.9Dci which seems to have a roof problem, when I go to open the roof, windows drop ok, (Boot lid) driver side starts to open ok, passenger side lifts a little then stops, and car bleeps at me, when this happens I have to start the close routine, just for a second, then go back to the open routine then boot opens fine, roof is stored ok, it also does it on closing and you have to follow the same routine as in reverse the action for a second then carry on, everything works fine, it is as if the passenger lock is stiff and does not always release the boot to store the roof, if you watch it in the passenger mirror you can see the boot lift about 5mm then stop but the driver side carries on lifting so it is in effect twisting the boot lid slightly, there must be something on the passenger side which is dry and does not want to always release, this does not happen all the time, and will sometimes operate sweet as ever, tried some maintainace spray on the lock but seeme to have made no differance, any ideas where to spray next? :-(

tillu11
Currently Drives:: megane coupe cabriolet 1.9

Re: Roof Problem

Postby tillu11 » Tue May 26, 2009 2:16 pm

i occasionally have this problem, would be interested to hear what people have to say.

DAZZA
Currently Drives:: magane cabriolat cc extreme

Postby DAZZA » Wed May 27, 2009 7:06 am

just wondering if theres any adjustment on the catches that needs looking at
magane cc 1.6 extreme

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Wed May 27, 2009 9:09 am

Well I gave all the hidges and especially the catch a good squirt of silicone grease, used the roof for a few days then gave the catch another good squirt of the said grease, and it seems to be ok it has not stuck since, I did buy the car just as the good weather (HO HO as it chucks it down here in N Wales) had started, so I wonder if this problem will show again next year when the roof has not been operated for a while, or perhaps it was just a dry catch in need of some lube!

tillu11
Currently Drives:: megane coupe cabriolet 1.9

Postby tillu11 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:37 pm

good thinking, ill have to give that ago.

cheers :cool:

Return to “Megane CC”