Rear passenger side covers

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Rear passenger side covers

Postby ChrisM » Tue May 19, 2009 9:23 am

Anyone know how to get to the window regulator on the passenger rear of a CC, mine has packed in wont open window just makes clicking sounds as if motor is turning but window isn't dropping, I had a look the other night but have no idea how to get at it, I can not even see how the rear seat comes out, let alone the plastic trim that covers the window reg, there does not seem to be any screws anywhere is sight, I tried a little force on the leather trim centre panel to see if it perhaps pops out but it does not seem to want to move, don't want to force it anymore as I might tear/bend it.
This side trim must come off some how, any one know?

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Re: Rear passenger side covers

Postby dougieCC » Tue May 19, 2009 9:27 am

I think you have to remove rear seat back then base, then panel.....still tight to get into though. Will look for pics.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Tue May 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi Alan
Cheers for that, but HOW!!!!! I can't belive how well disguised these fixing are at present, I am standing scratching my head already as I can't even get near this reg, let alone work out whats wrong with it!
The rear seat back, there are two square covers right in the midle of the head rests do I pop them up to revel fixings, I supose the fixing for the base will become clear when the back is off, now the plastic side panel, do I need to remove the centre cloth/leather section where passenger can put thier arm (armrest) is there any screws behind that if not how is the panel kept in place, is it those horrid plastic clips that they use on door cards along with the super sticky black sealant, that sticks your arm hair together for weeks, so I would just need to lever it off carefully.
Pics would be good but a text discription will point me in the right direction he says!!! :lol:
Chris

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Postby dougieCC » Tue May 19, 2009 5:56 pm

The pics use to be on the alternate site which Wanda noticed had gone, have you checked in the boot behind carpets see if any fasteners in their, apart from that, cant help, sure someone on here can help.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

jaysere03
Currently Drives:: megane 2 dymonique cc

Postby jaysere03 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:25 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10390
see here
on how to remove seat panels

jaysere03
Currently Drives:: megane 2 dymonique cc

Postby jaysere03 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:27 pm

Not sure if the links just not working for me so hope this helps
1. to remove the back rest
remove the screws that are located under the trim on the back shelf, with roof off the shelf is easily accsesable the shelf i mean is the one that the rear head rests are fitted to. on each end theres 2 side peices that clip of with a simple wiggle and lifting motion, under each of theose are a screw that once removed allow you to lift the seat upwards until the lower bracket comes away from the back plate of the seat.
very simple to remove and refit.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Fri May 22, 2009 8:18 am

Hi Jaysere03
Yes links works for me but spotted you post first anyway, much appreciated for the info will help a lot to sort out the window reg.
No idea whats happend to it I have bought another one from an ebay scrap yard the guy was very helpful and tell me it sounds like the motor has destoryed it's worm drive some how but at least it got stuck in the up position, over the past couple of weeks it has stopped in the down postition but eventually will pop up, however it last worked on Sunday, the plus side is the roof still opens, which suprised me but I think the car reads the motor turning and "thinks" the window has dropped, will see when I have pulled it apart.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Rear Passenger quater light removal Process

Postby ChrisM » Tue May 26, 2009 8:44 am

Passenger rear window done with ease!
Regulator bought from scrap yard at £50.
Steps as folows:
1. drop roof
2. Remove black plastic covers at each corner of rear seat by lifting out of rubber seal, pulling towards you and then getting a finger in and pressing upwards on the boot lid side, cover pops off. exposing window lifiting gear and the 2 torx bolts that hold rear seat in.
3. I removed the rear base 1st (Due to rear seat belts)by lifting it slightly then pushing in a large screw driver next to the clips you will see (3 of then) and lifting, you will feel it "pop" out of its mount, lift out base.
4. use a 17mm socket and remove the rear seat belt anchors so the belt is just hanging as you will nee to feed it through the back rest slots.
5. remove the 2 torx screws to release the back rest it will flop forward slightly lift upwards slightly to disengauge the gudies pull both the rear belts out of slots on back rest, rear seat is out.
6. you can now see the rear plastic panel, there are 4 plastic pins holding it in place, but 1st you have to remove the passenger front door trim it runs along the bottom of the door holding carpet in place, it just pulls up and off but it is clipped to the rear panel so you have to remove it, once this is out use a flat blade screw driver to 1st turn the plast pin to release it (it should pop up slightly) use flat blade then to lift if a bit further then gentally prise the round BASE of the pin out, once you get 1 out you will see how it works, panel lifts up to clear the small runner at base of rear window.
7. remove the Electric window switch and rear speaker plugs and the panel will actually rest on the back of the passenger front seat, howeverr I had a twisted seat belt so I took off the lower front seat belt anchor point which is 1 torx 40 I think bolt, push bar back and then pull towards center of car, it is located by a slot and hold fixing the end you can not see it a [ shaped afair you push it back to release it from the hole, then by moving towards the centre of the vehicle the slot allows the anchor the be removed, there fore the whole side panel and be removed from vehicle as well once the seat belt has been feed through the side panel slot.
8. to get the window out - the rubber trim is 1st removed by opening the passenger door and removing the 3 tiny plastic plug clips you cant miss them they are on the large rubber seal next to the rear quater light once these are out, open the boot then you can carefully peel the outer black seal off and the inner rubber seal off, do not try to remove as go into the boot so I took them off as far as the boot and let them sit on the black plastic "parcel shelf" beware there is a little plastic locating clip just under the boot corner this will pop up as well so make sure you mentally mark it so when returning the strip look for it and push it back in place.
9. with the seals out of the way there are in all 3 x 10mm bolts holding the unit in place, so the 1st 2 are visable from the top where the inner rubber seal was the 3rd is hidden inside the panel so you have to carefully remove the grey polystrene cover the get to the bolt and the window power conector, remove all 3 bolts and the power conector , I lifted the window and got the wife to hold it up so I could get the the power plug as it has a little clip on it to hold it in place, once off the window and mecanism lifts straight out as a unit.
10. once out and on the floor you will see there is 1st a mounting bracket which has mounting studs on as well to help position the window unit, to be removed again 2 x 10mm bolts and put onto the new mecanism you will also see the window is held in place by 3 x 10mm nuts I guess you can aslo adjust the window with these as mine was a used one I just replaced the window glass to the same washer marks and tighten it up care again here as I bet you could crack the glass by over tightening them.
11. slot him back in and replace every thing you removed, whilst the little black covers where off exposing the roof mecanism I gave them a spray with silicone grease, and you are done!

Time about 2 hours could have done it possibly 1.5hrs but I cleaned all the rear seats in the places you can't get to and not a £1 coin in sight, very dispointing!
Relativly simple job, looks a mamoth task but it actually not that hard but I supose I was lucky enough to still have my roof working, which made the job simple really, hope this helps some one.

Return to “Megane CC”