Changing head light bulb in pics

FAQ and Tips and tricks relating to various problems.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Poddy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi

Re: Changing head light bulb in pics

Postby Poddy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Did u know that u have to go through the wheel arch to change the side lights and diped bulbs, yet go through the engine bay to change the full beams?

at least its not as awkward as having to change bulbs on the new corsa, my mate has one, u have to take the bumper off to change them.
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:39 pm

same with the new clio...

busternlouie
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: '05' Megane 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby busternlouie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Yep, and new shape tigra.
2005 Megane Sporthatch 2.0 VVT Dynamique Extreme Blue

yohan
Currently Drives:: 55 reg Megane 1.5 dci (106) Dynamique, 17" Alloys, Parking sensors

Postby yohan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:35 pm

I had this problem the other day my dipped light on the passenger side went, thought oh this is going too be murder as it was raining an a wasnt looking forward too taking the wheel off lol but just took it to the dealer an the wee guy just turned the wheel full lock an changed it in 5 mins no need too take the wheel off :O suppose he knows were all the wee clips n stuff are lol :) :D
55 reg Megane 1.5 dci (106) Dynamique, 17" Alloys, Parking sensors, previous MG ZR 1.4 (105) owner untill the cylinder head decided it didnt like me lol

bucky
Learner Driver

Postby bucky » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi All

My dipped blub has gone and I have found this post very useful and will have a go at changing it tomorrow. I have a question though, in the pic you can see from the front the blub just looks like a normal H7 however from the front of mine the dipped blub looks like a huge blub more like the size of a golf ball and its frosted. It is a 57 plate cc and as far as I know it I have normal lights on it I never paid for an upgrade. If anyone else knows they have normal headlights ( I mean not Xenon) please could they check to see if theirs looks how I discribe?

Thanks
Colin
megane cc 106dci 57reg quartz

bucky
Learner Driver

Postby bucky » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Changed mine today got both covers of in under a minute thanks to this post however I stuggled for 20 minutes trying to find the clip to release the blub, I then looked at the manual and found out that they have changed it, on mine it said with the wire connector still atached you just needed to push this inwards and the spring clip would release, guess what they were right, if I had of know this it would have taken less than 5 mins from start to finish. Got grazed knuckles thought as that hole does not allow much room. Also I didn't have to take the wheel of just out it on full lock.
megane cc 106dci 57reg quartz

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Glad to be of service :DD
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

AlexT90
Currently Drives:: 1.9 DCi Megane Sport Hatch Silver

Postby AlexT90 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:48 pm

I agree that you can get away with not removing the wheel. I have 17s and after a lot of practice have managed to change the bulb in 15mins. Im currently working on double jointing my forearms so i can change the indicators! Also I heard in france the dealers change the bulbs for free.

1.9DCI Sport Hatch Silver

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:55 pm

bucky wrote:Changed mine today got both covers of in under a minute thanks to this post however I stuggled for 20 minutes trying to find the clip to release the blub, I then looked at the manual and found out that they have changed it, on mine it said with the wire connector still atached you just needed to push this inwards and the spring clip would release, guess what they were right, if I had of know this it would have taken less than 5 mins from start to finish. Got grazed knuckles thought as that hole does not allow much room. Also I didn't have to take the wheel of just out it on full lock.

I found a blunt butter knife will do the trick when trying to release the bulb from the clip. 8)

whatthe

Postby whatthe » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 pm

I have the new clip style, which I have been able to get a pretty decent picture of it including the bulb (rotated about 30deg clockwise from horizontal taken from the same side of the car as in the prevous pictures in this thread) here -> Image
full size -> https://imgur.com/1QI84.jpg

bucky wrote:Changed mine today got both covers of in under a minute thanks to this post however I stuggled for 20 minutes trying to find the clip to release the blub, I then looked at the manual and found out that they have changed it, on mine it said with the wire connector still atached you just needed to push this inwards and the spring clip would release, guess what they were right, if I had of know this it would have taken less than 5 mins from start to finish. Got grazed knuckles thought as that hole does not allow much room. Also I didn't have to take the wheel of just out it on full lock.

now, maybe I am misunderstanding the instructions but when I try to push the connector toward the center of the car (toward the notch in the ferrule around the base of the bulb.. or after that failed in most any other direction) the connector begins to release from the bulb before the bulb releases from the clip.. I am a bit afraid to force it when I can't really see what I am doing, any tips?

ROMAN MARONI
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II Monaco

Postby ROMAN MARONI » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:36 pm

nice 1 toosh,that was doin me head in to figure out and renault aint d cheapest for that stuff,quick Q for ye,do you know if the megane II an 'interference' or 'non interference engine'?Asking as i'm in the process of changin timing belt and dont want it goin major Kaput on me if it goes.

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:39 pm

ROMAN MARONI wrote:quick Q for ye,do you know if the megane II an 'interference' or 'non interference engine'?Asking as i'm in the process of changin timing belt and dont want it goin major Kaput on me if it goes.

Hmmm i would start another thread with the question in the title. More likely to get the right answer from someone (AlexB) as it might not get seen here and i dont know the answer either :-( :lol:

ROMAN MARONI wrote:nice 1 toosh,

Oh thanks :)
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

deni.babe
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane 1.6vvt

Postby deni.babe » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:12 pm

AA WAS FANTACTIC I HAD NO LIGHTS AT ALL HE CHANGED BOTH 4 ME VERY NICE MAN LOL

pumpkin7
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II Dynamique 1.6 16v black 2003

Postby pumpkin7 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:53 pm

jeeze, all my wiring is exposed... the backs of my lights are in the boot :shock: as were those covers until i discovered them.
Renault Megane II Dynamique 1.6 16v black, 3 door, 2003

colegate
Currently Drives:: megane sport tourer 1.6 auto 07

Postby colegate » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:31 am

this is so handy with these pics.i had not realized before i bought car that it was awkward to change bulb but it doesnt put me off. this is a fantatic car with loads of space and looks really cool with really cool features like the window blinds and the cruise control. well happy

Return to “FAQ / Tips & Tricks”