Driver Window Alignment

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jasonthejoker
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 dCi
2004 Grand Scenic 1.9dCi

Driver Window Alignment

Postby Jasonthejoker » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi folks,
Recently bought me an 04 plate megane Cabriolet 1.9dCi. I love it and it's eased the pain of passing my 54 plate Grand Scenic 1.9dCi on to my wife. The new cars brilliant, but has a few niggles. The main one is the driver side window alignment. It's fine when closed, but if I open the door and close it it normally misses slightly and hits the edge of the trim on the roof. If I place (very) gentle pressure on the glass as I close it is fine. Alternatively if I put the window down a bit and back up it's fine. There's a small amount of glass around, so I suspect the window has been replaced.

Has anyone experienced this in the past and any thoughts for a fix?

Thanks

Jason

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Re: Driver Window Alignment

Postby Toodeep » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:51 pm

I have experienced this, though not on a Megane.

The Autoglass guy explained that I perhaps inadvertently operated the window switch at some time while the window was broken. I knew he was right because when I drove to the depot I went to close the window almost by reflex despite the window having been shattered by an attempt at theft.

Without the window in its guide rail to keep it true, the torque of the motor and mechanism had snapped or dislodged the bracket inside the door which held the window channel in place (he even showed it to me). So the part of the window channel inside the door moved about slightly when it should have been anchored rigid meaning it was random where the window would end up at the top of its travel. Fixing it was beyond his role and, to be honest I lived with it in the end but it would not have been too hard to fix if I'd had slimmer fingers.

jaysere03
Currently Drives:: megane 2 dymonique cc

Re: Driver Window Alignment

Postby jaysere03 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:31 pm

can also happen by incorrect fitting take a peak and make sure all seating rubbers are in place

Return to “Megane CC”