Plug top coil identification

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bekoman
Currently Drives:: RENAULT, MEGANE DYNAMIQUE VVT 115, CONVERTIBLE, 2004, 1598cc, Petrol, Manual, SILVER Portable swimming pool

Plug top coil identification

Postby bekoman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi there, Does anyone know how to identify my plug coils (coupe cab 1600 on a 54 plate) the are 4 single coils black with grey tops, I need at least one, but i believe they fail in pairs? and where is the best place to get them and what sort of price I need them pretty quick, any ideas?
thanks terry
coupe cab mobile paddling pool

danchappers
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 54 plate - blue

Re: Plug top coil identification

Postby danchappers » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:01 am

bekoman wrote:Hi there, Does anyone know how to identify my plug coils (coupe cab 1600 on a 54 plate) the are 4 single coils black with grey tops, I need at least one, but i believe they fail in pairs? and where is the best place to get them and what sort of price I need them pretty quick, any ideas?
thanks terry

Hey id assume you got this sorted by now, but id suggest replacing all 4 as you wont know what 2 are gone likelyhood is only 1 has actually gone, ive for the back 4 months bought them 1 at a time and its been a nightmare. The cheapest place I could find was "Bridgend Motor Factors" however not too sure if they have motor factors scattered around. But they cost £23.00 each which I was happy enough with.

Return to “Megane CC”