The Roof!

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Softop
Currently Drives:: Megane cabriolet

The Roof!

Postby Softop » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Hii everyone,
My first posting and I need help! :banghead

Since I have had my cabrio, (2003 Reg) I have had intermittant problems with the roof. It gets stuck half way and bleeps.

Up until now the very nice man at the Renault garage has fixed it in seconds for me,( there is obviously a knack!)
This time he will not look at it unless I pay £85! Shock horror! :eek

My local garage has had a go - but can't see how to do it.

Any suggestions welcome please.

J the Softop

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: The Roof!

Postby wanda » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:15 pm

All I can think off is either the roof mechanism acting up or it simply needs some lubrication

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Postby chevin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:29 pm

Have you considered the micro switch in the boot ? When you put the roller cover over the items in the boot - so that there are no obstructions, the rod/rail/roller which slides into place covers a microswitch on the rhs (?) of the fitting - you can usually hear the click when the roller goes in to place - make sure its "clicked"?

Andy_CC
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane CC and Nissan Navara Avantura

Postby Andy_CC » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:53 pm

When i was at the reault dealer a few weeks back, there was a lad there with his CC and they were messing with it! the boot would open and the roof would start to recline back then stop. the macanic was messing round in the boot then it started working again! so to me if he was messing around in the boot he may have been messing with the micro switch that the cover operates when its pulled over.

Or maybe there could be a jam sensor or something that stops the roof from going back if somthing is restricting it??? this could be faulty??? :?
07 Megane CC 1.6 Dynamique and Nissan Navara Avantura with 215 bhp and 480n/m Torque wooohooooo!!!!

Return to “Megane CC”