New Tyres fitted- What to look out for?

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

06Megane

New Tyres fitted- What to look out for?

Postby 06Megane » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:15 am

Hi
I'm getting a new set of tyres fitted to my 06 Dynamique this weekend, what do I need to look out for as far as the tyres pressures sensors are concerned?

Normally they are fit new valves when replacing tyres, but aren't the sensors in the valves.

Any one give advice on this?

Thank you

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Re: New Tyres fitted- What to look out for?

Postby A13XDT » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:08 am

I havent got the system myself, but i think that if you look at the valves on your wheels at the moment, there is a different coloured ring on each one. You need to make sure that the valves arent changed obviously and that they stay in the same position, i.e dont change wheels because this messes up the system.
Alex

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:17 am

06Megane wrote:Hi
I'm getting a new set of tyres fitted to my 06 Dynamique this weekend, what do I need to look out for as far as the tyres pressures sensors are concerned?

Normally they are fit new valves when replacing tyres, but aren't the sensors in the valves.

Any one give advice on this?

Thank you

Yes the valve is an integral part of the sensor so they cannot replace them, make sure they don't charge you for this!!!!

Have you checked out some of the online tyre website to see if you are getting a good deal on your tyres?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5942
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

06Megane

Postby 06Megane » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:23 am

Thanks for info

I got a very good deal on Blackcirles.com.

Much appreciated

Craig

Return to “Parts and Accessories”