bulbs

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

bulbs

Postby andywills » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:16 am

i need to replace the offside front indicator bulb and whilst i am trying to do this nightmare job, i might aswell replace all the bulbs in one go to save having to do it again (for a while atleast)....

has anyone got anyone got any good recomendations on the bulbs used. i would like to put some 50% brigter bulbs in and possible some of the blue sidelights....

any suggestions?
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Re: bulbs

Postby A13XDT » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:23 pm

I think coloured side lights are a 3 point offence. According to a PCSO who stopped me with red ones in my Audi.
I would put Silvatecs in the indicators, just to get rid of the amber reflection. Then I have got Phillips BlueVision headlights and sidelights, they got a legal blue tint to them and a bright white light. I havent got projector headlights so these brought the look of the lights upto almost the colour of Xenon but without the brightness. Really do make a difference when you stopped next to a car with normal bulbs, you can see the difference in colour on the road infront.
Alex

andywills
Advanced Driver

Postby andywills » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:33 pm

WebCode
Rally Driver

Postby WebCode » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Under "construction and Use" you can display any colour of light on the front of your vehicle as long as it is NOT red...

So blue sidelights would be Legal.

However for the purposes of the MOT you must have to fit white sidelights..

Strange but true..
EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!

andywills
Advanced Driver

Postby andywills » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:22 pm

apologies for confusing people....i meant theside lights that give the blue tint...

andywills
Advanced Driver

Postby andywills » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:07 pm

just put the osram night breakers in...the make hell of a difference, but i have just one question....

which cock came up with changing the bulbs through the wheel arch because he/she needs a good slap...ended up taking both the front wheels off, unclipping the wiper wash bottle and removing the battery (and then had to reset the windows when I re-connected it.)

took about 2 hours to do...i'm glad i replaced the lot in one go

grrrr :evil:

GTDave
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 08 Megane 2.0DCi GT 150 Mineral Blue 3 Door Sport hatch - Tune Point - Folding Mirrors - Handsfree Card - Phone Kit

Postby GTDave » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:15 pm

I used white LED bulbs off ebay for my sidelights any they look quite good with a faint blueish glow to them... Had them in my last car and that went through an MOT no problem...

I have looked at some new blubs too and have heard good things about the Osram bulbs... if you have a look on the Demon Tweaks website they have quite a bit of info in there bout the different bulbs...

Silvatec side repeaters are a must to get rid of the poached egg look :D

Return to “Parts and Accessories”