injection fault... STOP flashing

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kezaboz
Currently Drives:: renault megane

injection fault... STOP flashing

Postby kezaboz » Wed May 07, 2008 7:30 pm

i have a 2003 dci r/m
when i am going to a speed and little bit of fuel the injection lights come and and telling me to stop....
this happens quite regular and mainly on dual carraiage ways... just gonks out (bit of nightmare when got 2 4month of twins in back) when to garage couldn't find a problem like banging my head against a brick wall:banghead
at first thought it was my driving well my boyfriend accused me off (what do men knw) i need some advice or something if anyone has same problem please contact me kthebozpoptart69er@hotmail.com

driving me mad...... :roll:

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Re: injection fault... STOP flashing

Postby robznet » Wed May 07, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi kezaboz, this problem has been covered extensively on the forum, do a search and include "injection" and "stop". You will find what you are looking for. From memory it can be something as simple as needing new glow plugs but don't take my word for it - have a look! BTW - welcome to the MOC!

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

72uoba
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Laguna 2007 GT 175

Postby 72uoba » Sat May 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Have a closer look at the email address in the original post :shock:

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun May 11, 2008 12:44 am

kezaboz,

The computer is trying to tell you something -- the fault codes must be read from its memory. If STOP is flashing, then it is a critical fault, which may lead to major damage. These lights are described in the repair manual pointed at in Links section -- they can mean several things.

I hope you have read this and checked your car's fabrication number...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4518

Again, I hope you have read about turbo failures in 03 cars (1.9dci) and know how scary it may be (the engine revving and refusing to switch off). Press Start/Stop button 5 times fast if it happens and don't panic -- it will not explode. If the button does not help, then just stall it.

Your post does not contain enough information to help you more, unfortunately. You may want to tell us more about the history of the car and the fault. Every minor detail matters.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”