Kenwood Double Din in my Megane

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Kenwood Double Din in my Megane

Postby ICEMAN » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:52 pm

hi all,

here is some pictures for my install, Kenwood DNX 7200 with Bluetooth BT200 + Ipod video adaptor and GTM aerial.

Did it all myself....bit of an issue when putting it in the dash, as it was a bit of a squeeze.

but tell me what you think.

the facia kit is from this compay in UK and it was very fast delivery (VERY FAST) for no extra cost!!

i love it :rock
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

The Negotiator
Learner Driver

Re: Kenwood Double Din in my Megane

Postby The Negotiator » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:59 pm

very nice, about as "OEM" as you can make it I suppose!

On your picture, you have what looks like a silver piece on the glove box, is that right? Is that on later versions or did you add it (I might be seeing things!).

Paul
Was: '52 Megane 1.9dci dynamique with everything standard plus: electrically folding mirrors, handsfree locking, climate control, heated seats, panoramic glass roof, in-dash CD changer, TunePoint iPod, etc. etc.
Now: '55 Laguna Initiale

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver

Postby ICEMAN » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:54 am

not that ive noticed it, but yeah it is a silver strip...in the megane II phase 2
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Looks great
The only concern i have is there a removable security panel or is it a thiefs dream?
Will really consider one myself if i can keep it safe.
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver

Postby ICEMAN » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:18 pm

there is no removable panel - which is always a concern, but if sumone decides to try and take this system out (knock on wood that it doesn't happen), they will be there for some time.

the plastic trim is really difficult to get out....really difficult (as i had to remove it once) and ive bolted the cage to the dash....through means of my own craftman ship!!

it looks standard, and as all theifs know, they will only go for flashy, non standard looking things.

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Postby A13XDT » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:06 pm

Looks really good mate.

Ive been looking into doing this since i had megane but i was under the impression i had to cut a little bit off the dash (from behind the din sized pocket).
Apart from being a tight squeeze was it difficult to fit??

Cheers
Alex

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver

Postby ICEMAN » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:02 pm

just got the bluetooth fitted...well i fitted it and when i was putting it back in,......it was a doddle!!!

you just have to find a place for the other wires....recommend left side of cabin....it went in like a well lubricated......shaft!! :life

davidloveshismeg
Passed Theory

Postby davidloveshismeg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:21 am

Hey,

That looks the business!! I really really want a dvd head unit but I am well scared of it getting theived. Im in university most days in which the car parks are wide open and I usually hear of someone getting their head unit stolen! Is there any double dins with removable front panels??

Thanks

Mattj
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 DCi

Postby Mattj » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:05 pm

david if your worried - which i was at uni - got a single din motorised screen which folds in and then there is a little removable panel

and also theres alot more choice with the single din screens
Renault Megane II - 1.9 dCI

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver

Postby ICEMAN » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:52 pm

true, there is more choice with single din units however, they will fit into any car...where as double dins require a special skill...

you can secure the double din so it never somes out..unles you get it removed...

also tint your windows.....good protection if they cant see in your car

Mattj
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 DCi

Postby Mattj » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:17 pm

ICEMAN wrote:also tint your windows.....good protection if they cant see in your car

Yeh this is esp good so nobody can see into the car - plus i had an additional film placed over the tint which means the window cannot be smashed from the outside - but can be smashed from the inside (got a special hammer for that) and the glass will not shatter - which is all wicked

I know will only delay people getting in but gotta be good - make it as secure as poss and hopefully they wont touch it
Renault Megane II - 1.9 dCI

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Postby A13XDT » Sat May 17, 2008 9:05 am

Iceman, where did you get the fascia adaptor from? Is it for the 2007 Meg? Ive got to fit one of these screens, got my sony headunit waiting to go in, but dont want to buy the adaptor for that if i can get a double din one and fit a screen.
Cheers
Alex

_ivo_
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II sedan 1,6 16v

Postby _ivo_ » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:15 am

Hello ICEMAN!
This is great installation. The original was 1-din?? Where did you buy this adapter for 2-din?
I can't find it here in Croatia :cry

I know i have to cut some plastic, but that is not a problem, the problem is adapter for Megane II for 2-din... :nut
Regards to all from Croatia...

bobsimes
Currently Drives:: megane cc 1.6

Postby bobsimes » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:15 am

hi all,

i have one of these double din adaptors for sale on ebay at the moment, it is used but offers a substantial saving on a new one.

it will fit perfectly a megane 2003-2007 as pictured on page one of this post.

click on the below link.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=008

sale includes cage and shaped facia (sorry but you will have to find your own headunit!!)

simon

_ivo_
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II sedan 1,6 16v

Postby _ivo_ » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:13 am

bobsimes wrote:hi all,

i have one of these double din adaptors for sale on ebay at the moment, it is used but offers a substantial saving on a new one.

it will fit perfectly a megane 2003-2007 as pictured on page one of this post.

click on the below link.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=008

sale includes cage and shaped facia (sorry but you will have to find your own headunit!!)

simon

hello Simon!
what about shipment to Croatia?

Regards,
Ivo
Regards to all from Croatia...

Return to “ICE”