NEED ADVICE PLEASE

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

TSR
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 vvt dynamique

NEED ADVICE PLEASE

Postby TSR » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:54 pm

Hello there guys and gals this is my first post so here goes. I will be getting my 07 megane 1.6 dynamique in the next few days from my main dealer just a few worrys tho. I have read some really bad reviews about the electrics and general reliability of the megane but went for it any way as it looks amazing with plenty of good stuff inside (panaramic roof, key card, auto lights/wipers, aircon). At first i thought it was just the early models but seeing some reviews about later ones to.

I found this site and thought who better to ask than the people who drive them. I know that every car has minor faults but are the people who say that its the worst car they have ever owned and its been in the garage 15 times a select few that just want to vent their anger. I think it looks stunning and drives great from the test drive and my previous car which was a Renault clio never let me down once but the sales man aint going to tell me even if there is a problem with the megane. So can somebody please offer some advice and put my mind at rest cause its driving me crazy thinking i may have bought a problematic car.

Look forward to your replys and more discutions in the future when i finally get mine.

Tony

snowy
Just Passed

Re: NEED ADVICE PLEASE

Postby snowy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:06 pm

i have a 2004 1.6 dynamique and its the best car ive ever had(and im fussy!). its never gone wrong on me, starts every time,passed its first mot with flying colours( and our mot's are stricter here than on the mainland). it has no rattles and is quiet and smooth to drive altough it wont break any land speed records! ive the panoramic sunroof in platinum and i ,love it. only thing is i dented it round the weelarch in the first month and i still havent got it fixed , but i will. :banghead
just remember it has an ass! :pc

TSR

Postby TSR » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks for the boost snowy i to am very fussy with cars thats why i was a bit worried. Any one else got good or bad experiences :?:

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Tony,

There are bad examples of every model, and the Megane is no exception. I got a facelifted one since all the major issues with the model should have been sorted out. I've had a few things go wrong, but all fixed under warranty - so not the most reliable car I've had, but not the worst either. Beaing in mind that the Megane has been a strong seller all over Europe, there might be more people with negative experiences, since there are more people in the first place. The Renault quality has been improving, so being realistic, things should be good with yours. If your dealer is good then if things do go wrong, getting them sorted with minimal hasstle and cost will be good - that's how I believe all the prestige manufacturers (and those deemed to have high reliability) earn a good reputation.

Enjoy your Megane!
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

TSR

Postby TSR » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Cheers Gav
Whats the panaramic roof been like in yours is it worth having. :?:

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:04 pm

TSR wrote:Whats the panaramic roof been like in yours is it worth having. :?:

To me it's worth it. If I brought a new Megane I'd pay the money for it (I got mine nearly new, so with/without the price is the same). I like the ability to cool the car without the A/C on or windows down, and since there's glass over the rear passengers it allows them to see more sky etc - my son (18 months) always smiles when I operate the sunroof, and he's going to appreciate seeing the trees and aeroplanes overhead...
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

Nthyer
Currently Drives:: Renault megane dynamique

Postby Nthyer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:17 pm

I've just got a renault megane dynamique but everytime I let my foot off the clutch it jerks any idea if its a common fault and what's causing it please thanks in advance

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”