Scenic+65mph+40ft lorrie tyre=

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Grand Scenic 2008 1.9Dci (130)

Scenic+65mph+40ft lorrie tyre=

Postby BurntCarcus » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:14 am

On my way to work on friday night up the m2, pulled into fast lane to over take a car. Next thing i see is a 40ft lorrie tyre in the middle of the lane!!!

Sorry for crap phone photo, this is it here in the grass after 3 other cars and 2 40ft lorries went over it before i got a chance to get it. I was the first to hit it as it was still a complete tyre, the picture shows it all twisted and rolled up.

My bumper from the number plate down has a nice tyre shaped hole and part of the rad is missing. Think i seen a zafira dragging my bumper up the road shortly after lol with my fog lights and my led lights probably still attached :@

I honestly dont know how i didnt roll, once i hit it the car lept about 3 ft in the air and the steering wheel was spun round, when i landed i was snaking about all shapes. THE BEST BIT ABOUT THIS IS..... when i lifted the phone beside the motorway the girl told me they reported it to the police 15 mins ago. Someone rang in. So thats 3 cars in agnews lol Least no-one was hurt, just shocked.
The belly pan is up on the bottom of the engine, think thats what bumped me up in the air. The tyre hitting the engine. It will be intresting to see the grand total of the repair job thats for sure lol While up the next day collecting bits and bobs out of it i noticed the back bumper also hanging off ffs didnt get a look under the bonnet, but id say there maybe some damage to the engine mounts, track rod ends etc. Could have been a lot worse had one of my wheels hit it, i dont think id be at home now, probably getting some yucky hospital food, or worse.....
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

snowy
Just Passed

Postby snowy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:27 am

oh my god your a lucky man... pick my lotto numbers please!

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver

Postby BurntCarcus » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:58 am

12,16,24,28,37,41 lol you win, give me half lol
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

Deano16v
Advanced Driver

Postby Deano16v » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Fook! you lucky bugger that could of been really bad!
DCi 120 for sale, 52,000 miles, £3250 ono

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:42 pm

OMG :shock:

Glad you are okay; have you found out why there was a lorry tyre in the road, or better still the lorry that it came off?

This could have been much more serious, why is there never a Police man when you need one? :(
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

72uoba
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Laguna 2007 GT 175

Postby 72uoba » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Bl00dy hell :shock: Glad you're okay!

Tis an awful feeling when you come across an object in the road with no time or space to avoid it.

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver

Postby BurntCarcus » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:16 pm

Yeah tis a bad shock to the system. I gave myself a pat on the back for making a good call in not braking or swerving to avoid it, which my natural instints told me too. If i had braked then the cars nose would have lowered alot and probably caused more damage.
With help from the police we managed to track down the culprit. A slovak driver coming opposite way down motorway, turns out he drove 15 miles with a tyre missing before he pulled over. Just glad a motorbike didnt hit it, instant death i would imagine.....

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Glad your OK. Nevermind a motorcyclist, anyone in a smaller vehicle would of been well and truelly mullered. Hope the damage isn't too bad and the insurance company get your vehicle back to you ASAP.

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver

Re: Scenic+65mph+40ft lorrie tyre=

Postby BurntCarcus » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:39 pm

Well got the car back the other day. All running fine apart from it looks like they have put the sidelight bulb holder in upside down, cant get it out. So out of re-tyre-ment lol

~kev~
Passed Theory

Re: Scenic+65mph+40ft lorrie tyre=

Postby ~kev~ » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:13 pm

these foreign drivers get away with murder.... :evil:
56 1.6 vvt dym sunroof blue

Return to “Problems / Questions”