honest opinions boys...

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:58 pm

MeganeChick wrote:yeah the front tints are already tinted to a few % under the legal limit so adding a tint on top will make them illegal.

most seem to get away with it - depends on what they are like in your area - they can make you remove them on the spot but apparently only after testing them with their machine?

not sure what the fine is though if you have them? and if you are caught reoffending then not sure if they come down on you heavily. mmmm what to do hey?

*whistles nonchalantly*

They basically make you take it off and give you a 7-day producer

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:05 am

its good to know ppl in the bnusnezzz....cos u get shite cheper!!

good going on the tintin and th spray job.....

defo put some picts of the progress!!

love to see it
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:29 am

Cost me £60 to have my spoiler painted and fitted.

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:36 pm

Ray wrote:
MeganeChick wrote:yeah the front tints are already tinted to a few % under the legal limit so adding a tint on top will make them illegal.

most seem to get away with it - depends on what they are like in your area - they can make you remove them on the spot but apparently only after testing them with their machine?

not sure what the fine is though if you have them? and if you are caught reoffending then not sure if they come down on you heavily. mmmm what to do hey?

*whistles nonchalantly*

They basically make you take it off and give you a 7-day producer

i wouldnt even have a clue how to take it off lol!

mmmm not sure what i shud do now - prob wont be any problem but i seem to end up spending cash on my meg and then wonder whether its worth just saving for an RS :D
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:26 am

i got my rear windows done y'day, will get some piccys up.

i got them done for the low low price of £80, lovely job!

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:25 pm

cool :) you pleased with them? bargain price at £80 :D

what level of tint did you go for?
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

snowy
Just Passed

Postby snowy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:55 pm

get some pics up! i want the exact same things done (tints n bumpers) if its a good job you could pass on your sprayer and tinters details? :cool:

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:47 am

went for a midnight tone as it is on the pentagon website. looks great. alright snowy, the tints are a good job like, the guy jamsie who owns Carnology if you have ever heard of it done them. i got 'em for £80 but i knew him through friends, he normally charges £120. i would get pics up but we have had pissy weather as you know, so i wanna wait till its good before i snap 'em. i was gonna go for new RS bumpers but again im gonna have to leave it a while. for sprayin' or anything costum really you could try SQ Design. they done my friends boot install, a bit drastic for a corsa but you get the idea. there pretty good.

my friends gimme a name of a cheap but good sprayer who used to work for wrights accident repair, again i dunno if you've heard of them but there really good. havn't been down to him yet cause im gonna get my wheels first, but ive been told he needs a bit of a kick in the ass to make sure he's workin' but ive seen his jobs and there peeerfic!

im thinkin of goin for these babys at 18" what you think...

Steel
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane III 1.5 DCI110

Postby Steel » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:18 pm

I think the spokes should "go all the way" to the rim-edge, of not they look small even in 18"
Renault Mégane III 1.5 DCI110 dynamique
http://www.clubrenaultsverige.com

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:03 pm

fair point mate, never thought of that. however, when i seen them the guys shop, the looked huge to me. im not sure if im definatly goin for these ones yet. i like them tho :)

Say..."Renno"
Learner Driver

Postby Say..."Renno" » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:09 pm

Got wheels from the guys in Autoextras in Newry a while back..do you know if theyre still there...Kyle??

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:14 pm

couldn't tell you mate, wouldn't even know that end of the country, il be gettin' mine from Carnology or Maybe JK Autospares as i know guys who work there so i can swing a wee bitta discount.

whats your name chum, so i dont have to call you renno,unless that is your name :D

Say..."Renno"
Learner Driver

Postby Say..."Renno" » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:19 pm

Newry...its a few miles down the road from ya... :lol:

Its Pat..btw.... :cool:

snowy
Just Passed

Postby snowy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:14 pm

nae sweat mate.even 120 is a good deal i think.aye weather has been pish alright , but you'll be waitin till july for it to clear up! like them wheels anyway , with the decals on them,but i think im gonna get my bump strips done first!

Basenji
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 hb

Postby Basenji » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:54 pm

The rim looks (IMHO) to bemwe-ish.
Were I you, I'll look for something 'softer'.
zdrówko
Meggie slightly customized http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=aD_K0VbKYGs

Return to “Modifications”