DCI GT Electrical Nightmare

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Celticking
Passed Theory

DCI GT Electrical Nightmare

Postby Celticking » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:22 pm

Got the GT DCI in late march, now done 8k miles and have had the following work done:

Rear Seatbelt Pre Tensioners replaced
New Dashboard Replaced
Rear Seatbelt Wiring Loom Repaced
Rear Seatbelt Pre Tensioners replaced (Again)

And now I need a replacement Drivers Seat (Yip the full seat)

I am not a happy bunny, the GT is a car to be avoided, not put together very well at all, its a shame as it does have reasonable performance. This is my 3 rd renault in a row and my second meggy, need to say it may be my last!!! :twisted: :evil:

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:02 am

Have you explored the option of rejecting the car?

I can sympathise with you, my 2002 Laguna 1.9dCi was a bin, but my dad had an almost identical car and his was completely fault free. Luck of the draw unfortunately, you do get bad cars, regardless of make and model, and it looks like you have one.

Privilige will confirm this, he had a 1.9dCi which was good and sold it for a 2006 1.6vvt Auto, which was a terrible apparently.

Renault are supposed to be making build quality a top priority on new models, The wife's new Clio is fantastic, very solid and well built, much better than my Megane.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:44 pm

Yip, spoke to lombard who supplied the car and they said this is not an option unfortunately, so I am stuck with it for another 2.5 years

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:25 am

Lombard (finance company?)

I think you need some advice off LGC on this subject. Very infrequent visitor to MOC nowadays but you will find him on the Parkers forum.

Post your issue on there and I'm sure he will offer you his assisstance.

Here are a couple of links that you will need:
https://www.parkers.co.uk/advice/forum/t ... C_ID=29509 READ THIS FIRST.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/advice/forum/t ... ichpage=62 Correct thread for Megane II problems.

Iain :tu
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:33 pm

I am going to give them a call again and see what they say.

The car is a company car and unfortunately my company own Lombard, so its sort of an internal thing.

Thanks for the help

boysie
Passed Theory

Postby boysie » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi,

sorry to hear about your woes!!If it helps you have a little more faith? Both our GT's have been OK since the early problems we both had with the air bag warning light, which seams to have been resolved with a software update, and my car had the dash lights fail just once... My car has done 6,500 miles and Mrs B's 10,500..

Now let me find some wood to touch :D

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:17 pm

Glad to hear both your twin GT's have settled down mate

Really hope mine will soon

Return to “Problems / Questions”