Help needed with ICE

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

reevesy

Help needed with ICE

Postby reevesy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 pm

Just got my R26 and want to stick a new HU in but what will mean that the heads up display still works? and if the heads up display wont work what will be shown in the heads up display? Also i think that i need a sub after hearing the standard speakers, dont get me wrong they're ok but would like a bit more puch to say the least.

Also after buying the car im a little skint so price is a bit of an issue :roll:
Renault Megane F1 Team II R26 in Liquid Yellow

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:58 am

you can get adaptors for the display and the stalk....but choose wisly, as some dont work 100%!!

what typeof music you in to? this will depend on what sub u need. HArd hitting, loud punchy, or DEEEEEEPPPPP BAASSSSS like mine!!lol

a general buget?

split it down, how much do u want to spend on HU, speakers, wiring, Su and amp.
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

glen290
Learner Driver

Postby glen290 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:11 pm

You can use a Sony CDX-GT30RN head unit as a direct replacement, and wont lose use of your stalk and display.
http://www.bowl-northwest.co.uk
Sport Hatch Driver Black MII 2.0l VVT.

reevesy

Postby reevesy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:06 pm

ICEMAN wrote:you can get adaptors for the display and the stalk....but choose wisly, as some dont work 100%!!

what typeof music you in to? this will depend on what sub u need. HArd hitting, loud punchy, or DEEEEEEPPPPP BAASSSSS like mine!!lol

a general buget?

split it down, how much do u want to spend on HU, speakers, wiring, Su and amp.

Well i was looking to get a new HU as the car colour is very different from my old one so need something that is silver and red really to match dials etc, I have a 12 inch kenwood sub with a sony x-plod amp in a posted bow with amp at home that has a nice bassy sound to it so ill stick with that just need somewhere in the Berkshire area that will wire it for me as i dont fancy taking bits of trim etc off.

EDIT: into all sorts of music but normally hip hop and indie (i know thats an eclectic mix :D

reevesy

Postby reevesy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:27 am

Anyone else know of any other HU's that plug straight in?

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:08 pm

mate if you dont use the Sony CDX-GT30RN then you would have to get an adaptor that will allow you to use the stalk and/or the display.

but frankly you dont really need them!!

check out wwwcaraudiodirect.co.uk for the adaptors and systems
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

Return to “ICE”