Cruise Control

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

buellbolt

Postby buellbolt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:45 am

kmarty,
can you tell me why you have so many wires soldered together.
My understanding of the spanish instructions is that 2 wires are all that is needed.
I didnt get this to work properly (i used resistor values on spanish page)
does anyone know where to get resistors, i have tried maplin but they stopped stocking 82 and 270 ohms
I can get mail order on quantities of 100 or more but i only want 2 or 3
thanks
Megane CC 1.9 Dci
Ass shaking and Topless!!

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:47 pm

buellbolt wrote:kmarty,
can you tell me why you have so many wires soldered together.
My understanding of the spanish instructions is that 2 wires are all that is needed.
You have right, you need only two wires. For tests I had used classic UTP cable (with eight wires) and ... simply only two wires are needed :-). (I guess, you mean this photo).
buellbolt wrote:does anyone know where to get resistors, i have tried maplin but they stopped stocking 82 and 270 ohms
Choose another shop. 82ohm and 270ohm are normal values of resistors in common line E12.
MEGΛNE Expression Grand Tour/Grandtour/Estate/Tourer 1.6 automat - 2005
sorry for my poor english
Image (Image)

buellbolt

Postby buellbolt » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:14 am

got resistors today and went to work with the soldering iron.
one thing that has me puzzled is that once all the resistors are installed, pressing a button with a meter aross the 2 wires does not give a resistance that is specified.
For example, the 'recall' button has 900ohms of resistors but when i press the recall button once all the other resistors are in place, the reading on my meter is much lower
Maybe i am missing something? (parralel/ series circuits)
anyway, will put it back in car tuesday and see what happens!
Megane CC 1.9 Dci

buellbolt

Postby buellbolt » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:23 pm

finally got resistors working the way i wanted.
fitted it all back together and checked ohms again, still ok.
fitted it back into car and went for a drive.
Guess what....still NO cruise!!
Speed limit functions works but cruise does not work.
After the amount of times i have soldered, re-soldered and then re-re-soldered these buttons i think the time has come to give up.
Anyone who has this working give me any advice??
cheers
Megane CC 1.9 Dci

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:35 pm

buellbolt wrote:Speed limit functions works but cruise does not work.

When speed limit work, the cruise control must work too. Diference is only on SL/0/CC switch (and it is original).
Notice: CC can be set only when gas pedal is pressed and speed is more than 30km/h.

Image (Image)

buellbolt

Postby buellbolt » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:05 pm

i have given up!
the speed limit function works ok but i dont really want that function.
the cruise control doesnt work at all, i am gutted, am going to remove all resistors etc from switches
Megane CC 1.9 Dci

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:06 am

how do you remove the stalk control?
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

Hadson

Postby Hadson » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:54 pm

Can I use only one button for CC. These one which is placed near esp/asr switch.

And for example I drive 130 km/h and I press main switch. So I should have CC activated and after that i should drive for all time with one speed 130. When i want to decelerate, I switch off the switch, and drive normaly.

Is it possible to instal only one switch?

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:50 pm

Hadson wrote:Can I use only one button for CC. These one which is placed near esp/asr switch.

And for example I drive 130 km/h and I press main switch. So I should have CC activated and after that i should drive for all time with one speed 130. When i want to decelerate, I switch off the switch, and drive normaly.

Is it possible to instal only one switch?

I think not. Switch near ESP switch is only for CC or SL choice. This can be selected always i.e. on CC. You need at least one button ("+" or "-") for activating CC. Remember that you cannot hold this button or with activating CC will be instantly accelerating (or decelerating). In fact, with only one button CC will be very uncomfortable. What you will do, when you choose a little bit faster speed? Or slower? You will "programming" speed again? No way.
So you, need at least two buttons ("+" and "-"). But disabling CC by CC/0/SL switch is not so easy (by touch only, it is almost impracticable. It can be dangerous - especially for others on road), so you can disable CC only by brake pedal. It is not usable at all situations, using "0" button is sometime very good choice.
OK, you will have three buttons ("+", "-" and "0"). But by time, you will find that using a "Recall" button can be also usefull. But ... you have not it. Why? Because when you did CC, you thought that it is not needed. Only one button missing ... and so usefull ...

I recommend all four buttons, "+", "-", "0" and "Recall".

Image (Image)

cncrd

Postby cncrd » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:49 am

hi Kmarty,

I did not see 270 ohm and 100 ohm in the picture.
where I will connect these resistors?
And We need any extra connection?
are these connection(radio control unit) enough for cc?[/quote]

cncrd

Postby cncrd » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:49 am

hi Kmarty,

I did not see 270 ohm and 100 ohm in the picture.
where I will connect these resistors?
are these connection(radio control unit) enough for cc?[/quote]

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:28 pm

cncrd wrote:I did not see 270 ohm and 100 ohm in the picture.
100 ohm is on upper left corner (near yellow point), 270 ohm is bottom (between two switches) on the same picture. 900 ohm resistor is only "painted" (now, I have used two resistors, 820 ohm and 82 ohm, in serial because I had not more 900 ohm resistors - the one was broken as you see on picture).
cncrd wrote:where I will connect these resistors?

you can see it on the picture + comments in each picture (where you need cut original connection, where attach new wiring). I think it only as example, nothing more (mainly because I don't know english well and I cannot write better guide). I am sure you will carefully check each connection with ohmmeter.
cncrd wrote:are these connection(radio control unit) enough for cc?
In fact, CC is already in your car. You only need switch for selection between cruise control and speed limiter and control buttons for CC. Two wires from ECU ending in steering pillar, in same connector where are wires for airbag. on this two wires you need connect this. How you implement it is only your idea. I used remote control of car radio.

Sorry for any wrong placed word, I really don't know english. Half of this was written with the dictionary. Sorry.

Image (Image)

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:18 am

Is there any more photos? Photos paint a thousand words :D

Photos of say where the actual wires from the end of the radio stalk controls connect to. For example if we were using the radio stalk control for CC where would the end of the cables connect to (the cables that used to connect to the radio). Cause I'm using an aftermarket HU.
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:42 am

MrAsia wrote:Is there any more photos? Photos paint a thousand words :D
Unfortunately, I have no more photos :-(

MrAsia wrote:Photos of say where the actual wires from the end of the radio stalk controls connect to. For example if we were using the radio stalk control for CC where would the end of the cables connect to (the cables that used to connect to the radio). Cause I'm using an aftermarket HU.
On this topic jonburton posted link to Spanish forum where are photos like this:
This photo shows location CC control wires in steering pillar (view line is approximately from clutch pedal toward driver).
Full thread is here (warning: They have wrong values of resistors. It can work, but Renault's "right" values are: 0, 100, 270 and 900 ohm).

Image (Image)

cncrd

Postby cncrd » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:50 am

kmarty wrote:
cncrd wrote:I did not see 270 ohm and 100 ohm in the picture.
100 ohm is on upper left corner (near yellow point), 270 ohm is bottom (between two switches) on the same picture. 900 ohm resistor is only "painted" (now, I have used two resistors, 820 ohm and 82 ohm, in serial because I had not more 900 ohm resistors - the one was broken as you see on picture).
cncrd wrote:where I will connect these resistors?

you can see it on the picture + comments in each picture (where you need cut original connection, where attach new wiring). I think it only as example, nothing more (mainly because I don't know english well and I cannot write better guide). I am sure you will carefully check each connection with ohmmeter.
cncrd wrote:are these connection(radio control unit) enough for cc?
In fact, CC is already in your car. You only need switch for selection between cruise control and speed limiter and control buttons for CC. Two wires from ECU ending in steering pillar, in same connector where are wires for airbag. on this two wires you need connect this. How you implement it is only your idea. I used remote control of car radio.

Sorry for any wrong placed word, I really don't know english. Half of this was written with the dictionary. Sorry.

kmarty,
both(speed limiter and cruise control) are run well?
And I don't understant where to connect these(speed limiter and cruise control)switch?
I think we must connect 2 wires from radio control unit to there(in this picture)

Return to “Modifications”