Which Iridium to choose?

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Which Iridium to choose?

Postby meganeboy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:33 am

Hi guys, a quick one here..... which is the best iridium plug to fit, NGK or Denso?

I found them on eBay as they are not available locally. NGK plugs are aroung GBP25 set of four, while Denso are GBP35. NGK are 0.6mm while Denso are 0.4mm..... got confused now!! :?

Help please :!: :!:
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

WebCode
Rally Driver

Postby WebCode » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:02 pm

Make sure they are "resistive" plugs you are fitting as non-resistive ones can cause running problems due to interference/radiation from the ignition system..
EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Webcode, the Denso plugs have a 5kohm resistance in built... don't know about the NGK though.....
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:29 pm

I have NGK ones.
Very good, responsiveness changed.
Also when I let go of the clutch the car doesn't tremble as much. If you get what I mean. This is when no accelerator is applied and car is stationary, the friction point.
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

rFai

Postby rFai » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:20 pm

In my personal experience i can say that i have got NGK and they had been broken after 1 month driving, than i buy BERU and they are still staying in my car :P

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:53 pm

The exact part no . BKR6EIX

Been using it and sold a couple of it to fellow M2 owners in Singapore... its a 0.9mm gap... more responsive...
The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:30 pm

Has anyone out there tried the Denso plugs? is it an advantage to have the tip smaller than the NGK plugs?

The NGK's tip is 0.6mm, Denso's is 0.4mm. Any ideas?

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:25 pm

meganeboy wrote:Has anyone out there tried the Denso plugs? is it an advantage to have the tip smaller than the NGK plugs?

The NGK's tip is 0.6mm, Denso's is 0.4mm. Any ideas?

There is no direct part no for Denso to be use for Renault M2... which means u got to Re-Gap it... and I would not recommend it...

I do have some guys I know who use it and complain...

NGK for far no problem :)
The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:01 pm

xirc0m wrote:The exact part no . BKR6EIX

Been using it and sold a couple of it to fellow M2 owners in Singapore... its a 0.9mm gap... more responsive...

Part no. quoted by the supplier (and site) is BKR6EZ for the NGK IX plugs.... can anyone confirm this pls?

Thanks

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Tue May 01, 2007 9:03 pm

meganeboy wrote:
xirc0m wrote:The exact part no . BKR6EIX

Part no. quoted by the supplier (and site) is BKR6EZ for the NGK IX plugs.... can anyone confirm this pls?

Thanks

https://www.ngk.de/index.php?id=659&pd=6 ... M%E9gane+2

https://www.ngk.de/index.php?id=660&test ... erzen/8897

https://www.spark-plugs.co.uk/cars/renault.htm

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Thu May 03, 2007 12:40 pm

Hey guys.....

Just changed the standard plugs to NGK Iridium and I can say they do quite a difference on the car's performance.... it feels much better, idling is smoother, and accelleration feels better too.....

While messing around with the car, I also took the bumper off and replaced the standard bulbs to Osram SilverStar. I noticed that I had one of the headlamps loose from the bottom and after re-installing everything went for a test drive and I can say that the small banging sound I used to hear from the front went away. Turned out to be this loose headlamp!

Quite happy now. Any idea if aftermarket ignition coils would further improve the performance? was having a look at these :

https://www.beru.com/english/produkte/pr ... ur+(KM0/1_)&typ=1.6&ktypnr=17731&action=step04

Tks to all

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Thu May 03, 2007 7:22 pm

meganeboy wrote:Hey guys.....

Just changed the standard plugs to NGK Iridium and I can say they do quite a difference on the car's performance.... it feels much better, idling is smoother, and accelleration feels better too.....

While messing around with the car, I also took the bumper off and replaced the standard bulbs to Osram SilverStar. I noticed that I had one of the headlamps loose from the bottom and after re-installing everything went for a test drive and I can say that the small banging sound I used to hear from the front went away. Turned out to be this loose headlamp!

Quite happy now. Any idea if aftermarket ignition coils would further improve the performance? was having a look at these :

https://www.beru.com/english/produkte/pr ... ur+(KM0/1_)&typ=1.6&ktypnr=17731&action=step04

Tks to all

Cool ! Beru Ignition Coil...

- How much issit selling @?

- Whats the diff. compare to Stock Ignition Coil?

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Fri May 04, 2007 12:28 pm

xirc0m wrote:
meganeboy wrote:Hey guys.....

Tks to all

Cool ! Beru Ignition Coil...

- How much issit selling @?

- Whats the diff. compare to Stock Ignition Coil?

Just got a quote from https://www.sparkplugs.co.uk for the Beru Ignition coils. They sell at £20.02 + VAT each + shipping.... not that bad at all!!

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:07 pm

hi all. i was just wondering if someone could post me a link to a website which sells ngk iridium plugs please??
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:33 pm

got mine from ebay......

Return to “Parts and Accessories”