Seat belt adjusters

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Margaretdorothy2

Seat belt adjusters

Postby Margaretdorothy2 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:39 am

Anyone know where I can get seat belt adjusters, find that my belt even when lowered is still far too tight and uncomfortable after a long journey. Any suggestions :?:

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun May 06, 2007 10:04 am

I doubt that they can be adjusted.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed May 09, 2007 12:20 pm

Is this what you mean?
https://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/ ... _Klip.html

This won't fit the Megane (I don't think?) but you might be able to find something similar?
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Wed May 09, 2007 4:24 pm

This is what UK MOT regulations say on the subject of MOT failures:

"... a retracting mechanism does not retract the webbing sufficiently to remove all the slack from the belt with the locking mechanism fastened and the seat unoccupied

Note 1: In doubtful cases, this should be checked with the seat base set in its rearmost position.

Note 2: The vehicle presenter should be advised of and given the opportunity to remove any temporarily fitted device likely to cause failure under this reason for rejection before notification of refusal is issued."

Then, I am not sure what the insurance company may say in case of an accident. In any case, don't fit this thing to the passenger belt due to possible legal issues...

Sorry, I recognise the problem, but don't know how to help.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Margaretdorothy2

Postby Margaretdorothy2 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:14 pm

Thanks to you all, managed to adjust belt, moved it up slightly, this solved the problem even more when I moved my seat back a little.

Return to “Parts and Accessories”