Programing Dead Lock (Deadbolt)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dwgendy
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II Sedan, 1.6 - 16V, Grey.

Programing Dead Lock (Deadbolt)

Postby dwgendy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to reprogram my car which does not have dead locking so that I can have it? My dealer didn't know about it and asked me to come back in few days so they can ask. They say they can reprogram the car so that if I press twice on my card the windows would go up, but they don't know about the dead lock. Is it programable or does it need a new piece of equipment?
Thanks all, we've asked this questione before but under a differnet headline, "Smashed Front passengers window.", So I thought I'd give it a try and tempt more people to read this.
Megane II sedan, 2005, 1.6, 16V, Steptronic.

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:38 pm

Pushing the button twice and making the windows close is a function of the alarm
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:46 am

Press the Keycard button or door button once locks the car, twice will automatically deadlock the car, set the alarm and raise any open windows. :)

This is standard setup for UK cars, but not sure if its different in Egypt. I know some countries are against deadlocks on cars from a safety point of view - Germany used to be anti deadlocks, but are ok with them now.

dwgendy
Passed Theory

Postby dwgendy » Tue May 15, 2007 11:18 pm

took it in today, they tried and hooked it up to the computer, but they concluded that it can't be done eventually.
Does anyone know anything about this??

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Wed May 16, 2007 7:31 am

dwgendy wrote:took it in today, they tried and hooked it up to the computer, but they concluded that it can't be done eventually.
Does anyone know anything about this??

Have you tried pressing the lock button twice?

One press will result in one clunk, two presses two clunks and the indicators flash differently too :D

Hany Saad
Learner Driver

Postby Hany Saad » Wed May 16, 2007 8:17 am

Hello again,

Sorry for the late answer,as I told you before I know one of the guys at Renault and he told me that it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a dead lock in the versions imported to Egypt.

Any ways I have a question though,what is the importance of dead locking from the theif point of view,you said in a previous post that the theif smashed the front side window,so in he goes from the window, out he comes from the window ,voila,Enjoy the dead locking.

Concerning the boot he has access through the tilting back seats from inside,so actually he has full access to your car whether the car is dead locked or not.

I think dead locking is more for kids that you want to leave them in the car while buying a thing whitout the fear of them opening the doors.
Megane II 2006 sedan,Grey eclipse (B66),1600cc,16V, VVT,steptronic

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Wed May 16, 2007 8:24 pm

cactusbob wrote:Pushing the button twice and making the windows close is a function of the alarm

No it's not!! I dont have the alarm, yet when pressing twice windows go up and car is deadlocked
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

dwgendy
Passed Theory

Postby dwgendy » Wed May 16, 2007 10:00 pm

Hany Saad wrote:Hello again,

Sorry for the late answer,as I told you before I know one of the guys at Renault and he told me that it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a dead lock in the versions imported to Egypt.

Any ways I have a question though,what is the importance of dead locking from the theif point of view,you said in a previous post that the theif smashed the front side window,so in he goes from the window, out he comes from the window ,voila,Enjoy the dead locking.

Concerning the boot he has access through the tilting back seats from inside,so actually he has full access to your car whether the car is dead locked or not.

I think dead locking is more for kids that you want to leave them in the car while buying a thing whitout the fear of them opening the doors.

Dead Lock is CONTRAINDICATED with someone inside the car wether kids or adults, because incase of accidant or fire, they will not be able to leave the car whats so ever. Dead lock is designed to protect your car form intruders because theives don't really like to jump into your car through the window! becasue this means they will have to jump out again through the window, so incase of you showing up, or anyone seeingthe samshed window, they will not be able to run away quickly. It also lockes the glove compartment. I am not sure, but I think that if the center is locked, the back seats should not fold and give access to the boot compartment also.
I had it in my Corsa and it was very handy, no one ever tried smashing inot it eccept once and when he couldn't open it, he just walked away. Put yourself in his place, you don't wanna be locked in a car with a couple of people standing outside of it calling the police while you have no way to run!
The embaracing siituation was when I took it in for reprograming, the guy said to me "you mean your windows don't go up with double press" and of course I said no they don't (in my head I added the word idiot" they he points the card to the car and here the windows are going up!!!!!!! I was shocked, I asked him how he did it, he said first lock the car (one press) then press twice. I was pressing twice directly and ofcourse the windows were not going up!!! Silly me,,, but I didn't know!
Anyway, thanks for the respons.

And yes, the Dead lock is not an alarm thing, I had it standard in my Corsa and it didn't have an alarm. I now have the automatice windows and I don't have an alarm also. So both are not an alarm function, but some alarms can add them as part of the alarms function if the car didn't have them. (do I amke any sens here) if feel like I am speaking hindo!! :lol:

Hany Saad
Learner Driver

Postby Hany Saad » Thu May 17, 2007 7:23 am

To my Knowledge_correct me if I am wrong_both the glove compartement and the folded back seats are not connected to the center lock and there is no way to lock them.
People who have the dead lock can tell us.
The car theif is not a Megane expert,he does not know that your car has a dead lock _keeping in mind that the Renault work shop engineer does not know, how about the theif_he does not know the meaning of a dead lock.
All he wants to do is to smash the front window get in by any means try his luck with your car(Cd`s,valuables,etc...) and then out again through the same smashed window in no time. I do not imagine him in a dead locked car waiting for cops to come,he will definately smash the whole car trying to come out rather than waiting like a traped rat.

dwgendy
Passed Theory

Shocking surprise.

Postby dwgendy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:42 pm

Here we go again, more surprizes:
When I went to ask them to reprogram my car so the windows would go up and deadbolt takes place by double click on lock, I was surprised when the reception personel showed me that the windows do roll upid I lock the car with one click followed by a double click, but they failed to activate the deadbolt and siad it is not provided. I was not charged anyhting. BUT, I've been doing this double click following the one click to make sure that all the windows are closed, and to pretend that the car has a deadbolt (fooling myslef). SUDDENLY I noticed that sometimes the flashers flash differently! (only sometimes) when I tried to concentrate, I noticed it was 2 flashes followed by 3 quick flashed ....... (deadblot flashes) !!! anyway, after several manouvers and standing next to the car trying to figure out what the hell is going on, I found out the if I press 3 quick times on the card, it DEAD LOCKS the car!!! to my surprise! I went in the car did it, and tried to go out... I did manage to go out :cry: I thought, what the hell, I'll take my stuff from the boot and leave, but the boot was locked, the back doors were locked, the center lock button in the dash bored was disconnected!! it has dead lock for everything except the 2 front doors!! And for those who might doubt and think that my child safty button is on, no it is not. And child safty button doesn't desconnect the button on the dashboard. Plus, when I unlock, the back doors do open from inside.
OK here is what I want to ask. Can I add the front doors to this option by reprograming the car? did this happen accidentaly when the tried to do it last time? Can the guys here in Egypt try the Tripple press on the lock button on their card and tell me if it does activate the "Partial" dead lock??
Hani, Can you try it and tell me?
Sorry for the pretty long Email, but it is shocking how you discover that even the dealer know nothing about this car! Not even the Manual... !!!

Hany Saad wrote:To my Knowledge_correct me if I am wrong_both the glove compartement and the folded back seats are not connected to the center lock and there is no way to lock them.
People who have the dead lock can tell us.
The car theif is not a Megane expert,he does not know that your car has a dead lock _keeping in mind that the Renault work shop engineer does not know, how about the theif_he does not know the meaning of a dead lock.
All he wants to do is to smash the front window get in by any means try his luck with your car(Cd`s,valuables,etc...) and then out again through the same smashed window in no time. I do not imagine him in a dead locked car waiting for cops to come,he will definately smash the whole car trying to come out rather than waiting like a traped rat.

Hany Saad
Learner Driver

Postby Hany Saad » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:13 am

Hello again,

Meg`s imported to Egypt have the card programmed with the following:

-one press on the lock key it locks the car as it is(no windows lifting up option)
-two consecutive presses on the lock key(only one press and not two after the initial press) locks the car and lifts up windows.

both phases deactivates the cabin central lock button and evantually you can not open both the boot or the filler cap in both phases,as by opening any door from inside it unlocks it`s lock individualy and not the central lock.

You can also program one of the cards to only open the front door and start the car without accessing the boot and this i tried myself and It worked,It is an option for valet parking.

I tried pressing 3,4 consecutive presses but with no success.same option as before.

dwgendy
Passed Theory

Postby dwgendy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:45 pm

Hemm,,
Hello again Hani. Thanks for the input.
It is strange because this is what I have in my care:
One press, normal lock and two flashes. (I didn't check the dash board button yet but will try and tell you).
Two presses, still normal lock with no window lift and two flashes!! (it has always been like that since I got it).
One press followed by another sparate two presses lifts up the wondows after locking the doors along with two flashes for the forst press and another two for the following two presses. (I didn't know about it till it was demonstrated to me by the Renault personel, it was already available).
Three Presses, Dead lock for the two back doors and 5 flashs two normal and three quick times.

I just wish I could add the two front doors to this! it seems like an easy task, but it also seems like no one really knows everything about this car!

I know about the valet parking thing, it's cool. but then you need to keep the two cards with you and I find it inconvenient. Plus I never let anyone drive my car anymore. I don't smoke and have a cigartte burn on the doors interior lining from valet parking in the Nile Hilton. So I park it myself or I park it some where els :wink:

Thanks again mate. I just wish there was someone with all with answers to all the questions about this car :?

Return to “Problems / Questions”