Excellent Megane

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Moto

Postby Moto » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:24 am

I had a Rover 216 Cabriolet like that, it was in the garage 6 times in the first 5 months. They used to call cars like that "Friday afternon cars" because on Friday afternoon the car workers would be looking forward to the weekend and not concentrate so much on their work. It's unfortunate but as others have said it happens on all makes of car. I have just bought a 225 Megane, in the first month it has been back twice, I hope that will be all. Other than that, I am chuffed to bits with it.

mcdebs

Megane Priv 1.9 dci convertible

Postby mcdebs » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:25 pm

I've had my 04 plated convertible 1.9 dci for just over 4 weeks and apart from running out of fuel in the first week (faulty fuel sensor!) everything is great! In fact I have never loved a car as much as I love this one!

Debbie

L77
Pass Plus

Postby L77 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:36 pm

How refreshing is it to hear happy shiney people enjoying there megs :lol:

Well done all!!!

Happy meganeing :P 8) :D :shock:

Cheers

L77

Scenic
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Scenic 111 1.9dci 2010

Postby Scenic » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:54 pm

I have had various Renaults since 1988 and they have all been excellent, my previous renault 18 2.0 was a brilliant car no faults at all, fast, reliable economical what more can you ask and so to my current car
,my beloved 2003 Scenic11 Expression which again has been exemplary I have a car thats comfortable, reliable, economical,so why should I change a winning formula and so may it continue :D

I do have a theory as to why there are so many complaints towards the cars is that if owners disconnect the battery and reconnecting without following a certain procedure as explained in the Haynes workshop manual then that can explain some of the troubles.

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:25 am

Scenic wrote:I do have a theory as to why there are so many complaints towards the cars is that if owners disconnect the battery and reconnecting without following a certain procedure as explained in the Haynes workshop manual then that can explain some of the troubles.

For those of us that don't have the manual or access to one, what is that procedure?

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Postby Woody Woo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:05 pm

2004 Megane 1.5 dCi 100bhp 28K

Nice car in many ways:

Great engine, offers a brilliant blend of performance, economy and refinement. Supremely comfortable and very low levels of road and wind noise at speed. Very strong brakes. Good interaction between clutch and gearchange. Mostly well built apart from one or two areas where cost-cutting has gone a bit too far. Undoubtedly a very safe car to travel in.

Not so good:

A few too many electrical gremlins. To be fair to Renault and the dealer, everything has been fixed quickly and I've not had to pay out a penny in repairs, even out of warranty. However when things go wrong it's still inconvenient especially when you're forced to drive 300 miles with a broken window...

I will buy another Renault but they need to spend a bit more money ensuring that the electrics are up to the mostly very high standard of the rest of the car. If my car is representative, then there's still some work for Renault to do.

Overall very satisfied. :D

Renault Build A Better Car :D

Return to “Problems / Questions”