new front pads & discs required

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

tiw75
Learner Driver

new front pads & discs required

Postby tiw75 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:36 pm

just had the car serviced today, was told that the front pads & discs are 90% worn.
The car has only done 27000 miles, I can understand the need for new pads but discs as well? what are they made of? does any other newish car wear their discs out this quick? It's not as though I drive it hard.
have been quoted £212 to replace them, including labour. is this good? can anyone reccomend some better than OEM parts?

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Postby rjacko » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:12 pm

just check out your local motor factors. I went to our locals when our brakes were shot at 24000 miles . Not genuine renault parts but your only paying for the name put on the box, parts will normally be made by same manufacturer them boxed for different vehicle manufacturers.

£70 for discs and pads, then fitted them myself in about an hour. would have taken longer but had to pop to halfords to get a hex bit for removing the locating screw on the disc. no problems with them since, now on nearly 40k miles. even if they do go early again i dont mind buying another set as can buy and fit 3 sets for the price of one from renault.

Return to “Parts and Accessories”