New Megane GT

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

New Megane GT

Postby robznet » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:10 am

Hi Guys (and girls!)

Didn't quite know where to post this but here I go again!

Booked my Meggy into Renault Wolverhampton on Friday 13th April!!! - shock - horror Friday the 13th!! to have a new front foglamp fitted, hope everything will go ok, - we will see!

Anyway the above is quite trivial because i had time to have a quick browse around the showroom this morning and came across the new Megane GT - I am 50 yrs old but I am in love with this car! It sits 10mm lower than standard, - not a lot I know but it just looks a whole lot better, also the skirts front and rear are a treat!

After all my negative posts on this forum I may just be looking at a GT in around mid July next year, diesel one pumping out 150 bhp. Sounds good to me! :D

Sorry for the long and drawn out post but I am in love!!

Please excuse me!

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

DaveP
Advanced Driver

Postby DaveP » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:13 pm

Do they do a GT version of the estate (sport tourer)?
At the end of the day... ..it gets dark

robznet
Advanced Driver

Postby robznet » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:11 pm

Not as yet - just a 2 door and 4 door hatch.

Ranging from £16,170 - 2.0 turbo 165 2 door. To £17,670 - dCi 150 6 speed 4 door.

As far as I can see from the latest price list/spec book, the sport saloon and sport tourer remain unchanged (as yet!)

I'm sure that if the GTs sell well in hatch guise, Renault will soon follow suit with the saloons and tourers! :D

I still want one!!!!

Regards

Rob

30something
Learner Driver

Postby 30something » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:26 pm

Had a good look at one this week also, along with the new Renausport F1, both very nice!

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:22 pm

I have a black Megane GT DCi 150 and I love it, its amazing.

Done 1k miles in (3 weeks old) and im getting 50-55 Mpg which is pretty good for the 2.0L

It really wants to go, you accelerate and it doesnt want to stop.

I would recommend one

robznet
Advanced Driver

Postby robznet » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:41 pm

I am envious - love that car, let us all know how you get on with it! :D

Regards

Rob

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Sexy :P

madmax

Megane GT

Postby madmax » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:09 am

For what it's worth...Arnold Clark, (ok I know they get stick and believe me I have to admit I've had my tuppence worth to say about them )
Anyway Arnie's are selling petrol Megane GT 2 door hatch for £14995 (with zero percent interest over 4 years if that helps)

boysie
Passed Theory

Postby boysie » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:54 pm

Celticking wrote:I have a black Megane GT DCi 150 and I love it, its amazing.

Done 1k miles in (3 weeks old) and im getting 50-55 Mpg which is pretty good for the 2.0L

It really wants to go, you accelerate and it doesnt want to stop.

I would recommend one

I have TWO 150GT's... They have both had issues thet you can read about elsewhare on this forum..

Renault Technical Support have no interest in sorting these issues out, so I feel duty bound to inform anyone interested in buying one of these cars that it IS a great car and goes very well,,,, but if you buy one dont expect to have a hassle free experience, and dont expect any support from renault

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:08 pm

Hi Boysie

I must be just lucky bro, maybe because its a corporate account it was sourced for (Reagroup Manchester). Its maybe aslo that my car is probably a later batch from the factory than you and mrs boysie.

Did have the smoke once or twice (When i posted so) but that stopped after that and no other problems.

Sorry your having probs bro, hope you get them sorted.

boysie
Passed Theory

Postby boysie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:40 am

Celticking wrote:Hi Boysie

I must be just lucky bro, maybe because its a corporate account it was sourced for (Reagroup Manchester). Its maybe aslo that my car is probably a later batch from the factory than you and mrs boysie.

Did have the smoke once or twice (When i posted so) but that stopped after that and no other problems.

Sorry your having probs bro, hope you get them sorted.

Perhaps you mean unlucky? Anyway, Glad yours is OK,, gives me a bit of hope.

Renault Tech Support have come back to us after carrying out smoke and emission tests on our cars, and stated the "smoke is part of the cars charecter" So I suppose we will just have to live with it for now,,, also both cars have been back twice for AirBag warning lights,, and each time they fail to find the cause,, just reset the software,,, as it seems to think the rear inertia reel seat belts have been removed :?

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:32 pm

Sorry to hear that your having these probs bro, especially as you have 2 of them!!!!

Keep me posted for any other things to look for

boysie
Passed Theory

Postby boysie » Sun May 06, 2007 9:09 am

I hate to tempt fate, but my car has been error free for over a week, [apart from the smoke on cold starting which now feels normal] including a 800 mile trip into France, which I have to say was most enjoyable, and must have helped to run the car in. Now over 3k on the clock.

French toll roads are just fantastic, we covered 300 miles in four hours including a nature stop, and averaged 44.6 MPG over the whole 800 trip

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Sat May 19, 2007 10:35 am

Lol I had a couple of electrical issues, trip comp froze and the dash didnt light up one night.

Been into the dealers and it needs a ful new dash, which is getting fitted next tuesday

boysie
Passed Theory

Postby boysie » Mon May 21, 2007 7:01 am

Celticking wrote:Lol I had a couple of electrical issues, trip comp froze and the dash didnt light up one night.

Been into the dealers and it needs a ful new dash, which is getting fitted next tuesday

Ah yes! My dash lights failed to eluminate once,, but have been OK since.

I hope your dash replacement goes well...

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”