Passenger car door let's water in the foot well!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

NicsaW
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 2008 Estate 1.5 diesel 6 gears

Passenger car door let's water in the foot well!

Postby NicsaW » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi! New to this forum. :pc
I bought my second hand megane estate 2008 diesel a few months ago. I've had one before and i like the design.
When it rains, water collects at the bottom of the door seal and runs into the foot well, filling up the storage hole. I sometimes pull out soaking wet towels.
I'm booked in at Renault to in investigated but wondered if anyone else could help to prevent a massive bill?
We've tried putting a hole in the door seal and it still comes in. No other damage that I can see... Looks exactly the same as the driver side!

DougM
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6

Re: Passenger car door let's water in the foot well!

Postby DougM » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:16 am

Have you tried UV dye to trace where its coming in from? Are you sure its not the scuttle drain.

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Re: Passenger car door let's water in the foot well!

Postby scooper1000 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:09 pm

My door storage space used to fill with water but never got that bad the floor storage space got wet. I solved this problem by removing the door panel and running a bead of silicone along the join between the top and bottom half of door panel, I found water running down the inside of the door and getting into door storage area, I also took this opportunity to cover the window motor with a plastic bag and silicone. This looks awful but once door panel back on its out of sight.
Not had a problem with water or window Temics since doing this
good luck with this problem wait til you have other electrical problems and learn the full joy of Renault car ownership

Return to “Problems / Questions”