Rear window stopped working

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Steve200

Rear window stopped working

Postby Steve200 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:31 am

Hi everyone I got a 2005 grand scenic and my rear drivers side window has just stopped working I have tested it for power going to the connectors and all good I have swapped the modules around but then both rear windows stopped working I have swapped the motors around and they both work I have changed the window switches front and back but still nothing it’s very strange because I thought it was the module but putting the module from the good rear window which worked to the window that doesn’t work and nothing but putting the module from the broken window to the good window still nothing so thinking it’s was the module but it just doesn’t make sense unless I’m missing something if anyone could help please

PhilipC
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane II Dynamique 1.6L 16v

Re: Rear window stopped working

Postby PhilipC » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:32 am

When you press the window switch for that rear window on the driver's door, can you hear a "clicking" sound?

If you can hear clicking within the rear door then I would go to that door and then press the window switch for that door and make sure the clicking sound is there also. If you hear that then it's a good chance the regulator has failed, wouldn't be surprised if the whole window mechanism is from the factory as when they age that's when electrical issues start to happen.

Steve200

Postby Steve200 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 pm

No sound at all nothing happens

DougM
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6

Postby DougM » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Yeah they can be temperamental to say the least. I would buy a new temic module I'm not sure swapping them round works. It never did for me. In addition to testing for power you can test pins 1&2 while operating the drivers side switch. They should go negative. I would also consider the possibility that the connector is iffy. I had to rip out one of those Ebay relay replacements and figure out the wiring and the connector is very touchy. Especially pin 6 the control wire. If its not properly connected nothing works.

noelo
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane sports tourer

Postby noelo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:04 pm

if you are handy with a soldering iron,put a layer of solder on all the pins on the window regulator (both sides)
this will give a good connection when plugged back in as the pins are now slightly fatter allowing the connections
on the socket to bite into the solder.
it solved my window problem
best of luck

Return to “Problems / Questions”