Air in 1.5dci engine!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

StevePro
Currently Drives:: Scenic MK2 1.5dci 55 plate

Air in 1.5dci engine!

Postby StevePro » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi guys, my name's Steve and I try and do as much myself as possible as 1. I love a bit of mechanical engineering and 2. I have a neuro disability which stops me working properly so money is tight lol

I've recently changed the injectors as there was an issue with 2 of them. So changed and coded to the ECU = check.

A day later the car started to display a very loud diesel knock on acceleration and I noticed a HUGE amount of air in the LP pipe into the HP pump and almost like a foamy diesel coming back in the return pipe!

I've just changed the both LP pipes and the problem persists. So do we think it's the filter sucking in access air? There are no bubbles in the line into the filter and none display when I squeeze the primer bulb.

I did change the filter around a year and a half ago? But it's not a genuine Renault part so maybe where I've gone wrong.

I'll fully appreciate any help and advice you guys can give me. Thank you in advance and thanks for letting me be part of the community :)

StevePro
Currently Drives:: Scenic MK2 1.5dci 55 plate

Re: Air in 1.5dci engine!

Postby StevePro » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:41 pm

Bump (appreciate help)

alanf
Learner Driver

Re: Air in 1.5dci engine!

Postby alanf » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:39 am

I had a similar thing, it was the leak off pipes allowing air to be drawn back in to the fuel lines.I wired them on that has cured the problem, also have heard the non return valve in the bulb can pass or the bulb can become porous, worth checking these out first as cheap fix

Return to “Problems / Questions”