Battery warning light.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jameswalters475
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6vvt 2007 dynamique.

Battery warning light.

Postby jameswalters475 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi all I'm new to this forum and could use some help. I drive the Megane 1.6vvt dynamique 2007 and the battery warning light kept coming on so googled it and found out it was more than likely the alternator so fitted a new one and battery but the battery warning light is still coming on. I've had the battery and alternator tested and both are working as they should be. Battery is putting out 13.2 when car is running and 12.2 when car is off so any ideas why the battery warning light is still coming on?

jameswalters475
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6vvt 2007 dynamique.

Re: Battery warning light.

Postby jameswalters475 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 am

Is there no one on here that can help?

Megane19
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.5 Coupe (2014)

Postby Megane19 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:43 pm

I’m having this exact problem with mine now, battery and spanner light on and keep going on and off, I went to get a new battery and it still happened and was then advised to replace the alternator which I did and its still happening, the garage is going to look at it again tomorrow but I’m not very hopeful, did you get yours sorted ?

andys2
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane II 2.0T

Postby andys2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi, a bit late, I know, but I had this problem just over a year ago, at around 158,000 km. Over the space of several days and a 100 km or so, got "battery low" and the dreaded spanner, which would go away after a minute or two, then return sometime later. Turned out to be the crankshaft pulley/vibration damper which was on the point of falling apart. Presumably this meant that the alternator drive belt tension was a bit variable, sometimes slipping, sometimes not. Had the pulley (and belt) replaced - problem solved :-)

renaultnewbe
Currently Drives:: megane mk2 1.9dci

Postby renaultnewbe » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:42 pm

Check your alternater as that is the main cause 98% of the time for the battery light.
Go to local garage to see if battery is charging .
I installed a volt meter in my car as i like to see that the car is charging it averages around 13.8-14.2 ive placed it where the cigar lighter was and placed cigar lighter to left hand side

Return to “Problems / Questions”