2006 Megane 2 no power, new battery

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ralliart166

2006 Megane 2 no power, new battery

Postby Ralliart166 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:04 am

Hi, changed the the battery in the girlfriends megane 2 as it was on its way out and causing the car to throw all kinds of errors. After changing the battery there's no power to anything inside the cabin, and there's a loud whining noise coming from the throttle body area. I've checked all the fuses in the cabin and engine bay (what a shite job that is just to check fuses) and they all look good. There's also the cal1 fuses on-top of the positive battery terminal that look fine but I'm not sure as I don't think you can tell just by looking at them.

I'm at a complete loss for what to do now...

Ralliart166

Re: 2006 Megane 2 no power, new battery

Postby Ralliart166 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:11 am

Just after writing this I just noticed I missed one of the cables that attach onto the negative terminal, fixing that stopped the buzzing from the throttle body and now only the following things work, locking and unlocking the doors with the card, indicators but only with the hazard light button (not the stalk). The only lights in the cabin I get are for the start/stop button and the slot for the card, absolutely nothing on the cluster.

Progress I guess?

Return to “Problems / Questions”