Oil warning lights and handbook! Megane cc 2002

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ailsajayne
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 2002

Oil warning lights and handbook! Megane cc 2002

Postby Ailsajayne » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:20 am

Hi I bought my 2002 megane cc in December, but it has come without a handbook. It’s the original shape, with key (not card!) and is 1.6 petrol.

Had a couple of issues which are sorted now (I hope!) but today instead of oil ok I have a series of lines with oil written underneath. I checked the oil (but had just driven to the shop so not settled in the engine) and there was oil.

Anyone know what that warning means? And does anyone know where I can get a hold of a manual, all the ones I found on line appear to be for a different model!

Thanks in advance, hoping it’s nothing serious as I’m not sur work will be pleased with my not being able to get in for the second time this month because of car trouble :?

CabrioWales
Currently Drives:: Megane cabriolet 1.6 dynamique 05

Re: Oil warning lights and handbook! Megane cc 2002

Postby CabrioWales » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:35 pm

If it's the 1.6 CC then the oil should be 5w 30 A5/B5 according to the handbook.
In fairness these are really finnaky about oil. I'd go and have it changed by a mechanic if you need it done ASAP as you need a specific tool for the drain plug (square socket, not sure on sizing) however if you do have the tool then away you go.
At the same time it could be the sensor, but usually when your oil is marginally low or remotely grubby, the CC will throw a wobble and you'll get the change oil light.
Hope that helps.

Ailsajayne

Postby Ailsajayne » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks

I’ve been and checked the oil level after it’s sat for ages and there’s loads in there and the oil ok message hasn’t come up at all on switching on?
It always says oil ok, but today when it had the lines and oil written underneath the serv light was also on. I honestly have no money to get it to the garage, I’m moving house so I’m really hoping it’s another little electrical wobble - it does sometimes flash lights on and off

Ailsajayne

Postby Ailsajayne » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Also the oil lamp isn’t coming on, it’s literally just the oil ok message on the display that’s changed!

Return to “Problems / Questions”