Back in the game

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

TightFist9
Currently Drives:: Mégane mk2 1.5dci 2006
Fabia Greenline 1.4 DCI 2008

Back in the game

Postby TightFist9 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi, bit of a reintroduction. After purchasing our Mégane 1.5 DCI 2006 in 2014 full of enthusiasm things rapidly went down hill. First it was the windows, then the airbag lights, water in passenger side door pocket ( went to Aldi for cheap shop and wife put her Samsung phone in pocket not realising it was full of water, by by phone and cheap shop) stearing lock prob, smell of fumes , speakers ( 3 of them) packing up and air con , key the list goes on. Soon came to loathe car and final nail in coffin was the dreaded injection warning light coming on and a gradual loss of power. By then car was destined for breakers yard thinking fuel pump was breaking up, but changed fuel filter and could find no sign of metal particles so gave it one last chance and asked an excellent Renault independent near me to look at it. They changed the turbo boost solenoid, cleared the codes and restored the power, 6 months on its still good touch wood. So now the main problem i.e the running is sorted have slightly restored faith in it so on to trying to cure the other problems without it bankrupting me! Garage also sorted airbag light on passenger side, 1 year later now the drivers side seat block connector is playing up....hey ho

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Back in the game

Postby Stranger » Wed May 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Welcome back TightFist9 :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

TightFist9
Currently Drives:: Mégane mk2 1.5dci 2006
Fabia Greenline 1.4 DCI 2008

Re: Back in the game

Postby TightFist9 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Thanks Stranger, owning a Mégane is an emotional rollercoaster, you just never know what next.....Went to pick up air con condenser today to find it damaged from the factory and to rub salt in the drivers side window stopped working on way back again. Oh and one of the rear ones......Anyway fed up with taking door panels off ( when they mysteriously start working again) so booked it back into our local Indy to get sorted once and for all. Hoping it's just a poor connection from the drivers side as it can affect any window. I'll post the results and cost Tuesday

Return to “Introductions”