New CC owner from Newcastle

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Petchy
Currently Drives:: 2006 Mégane 1.6vvt Dynamique CC

New CC owner from Newcastle

Postby Petchy » Wed May 08, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi, I bought a 2006 1.6 CC around 2 weeks ago and have been reading a lot of posts on this forum so decided to join and say hello....

I got the car very cheap in my opinion as it had a few 'problems', I consider myself to be quite handy when it comes to cars but this is my first Renault I've owned in 25 years of driving.

Apologies if I am posting about the faults in the wrong place, I am a bit stumped with a couple of them though...

1) The bootlid seems to lift up about a quarter of an inch when shut, at first I thought this was normal as it has to tilt the opposite way to allow the roof to fold but now I'm not sure?

2) I have the door open warning light on constantly, after reading on here I disconnected both doors one at a time. When the drivers door was unplugged the light went out so I purchased a latch/lock mechanism (with both cables attached) from a breakers yard. Is it difficult to fit? Also the picture of the car on the display shows 4 doors, is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: New CC owner from Newcastle

Postby Stranger » Thu May 09, 2019 5:00 pm

Hello Petchy and welcome along :tu

I can't answer your questions however, if you haven't already, post them in the 'problems and questions' forum where I'm sure you'll get responses :-)
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Petchy
Currently Drives:: 2006 Mégane 1.6vvt Dynamique CC

Postby Petchy » Sat May 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Thank you Stranger,

I have fixed the door open light being on constantly today. It wasn't really difficult but very fiddly to detach the cable from the exterior door handle and remove the handle to attach the new cable. I couldn't see the lever to remove the lock barrel (dummy one, driver's side) to get the handle out. After trying to attach the cable without removing the handle for over an hour, I then spent about 45 mins trying to remove the handle and gave up and went for a cuppa.

When I went back to it I accidentally caught the lever I was looking for and could see why it was so difficult to find, now that I know where it is it was so easy to do. I put everything back together really quickly and noticed the driver's door wasn't locking, thought I'd bought a knackered part from the breakers yard!

My 10 year old son said 'Dad, shouldn't the door open light be on now because you have the door open?'…...

That was when I realised I'd forgot to reconnect the wires to the door latch!!!! :banghead

Door panel off again!

It now works and I can lock/unlock the doors and boot from my key card, no more interior lights staying on and can read my mpg display and mileage! :-)

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Sun May 19, 2019 8:04 am

Hey ho, you're the one to come to when it's door panel off time, you'll be able to do it with your eyes closed :D

Glad you're getting there :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Introductions”