Windows don't turn off and all windows button stopped working

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dappydan1

Windows don't turn off and all windows button stopped working

Postby dappydan1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi everyone.
Firstly I would like to apologize if this has already been asked on here but I cannot find anything but I'm also new to the forum.
I have a 2009 megane CC.
It's recently had a problem with the battery draining for no reason. I have also found the windows stay operational all the time. The steering locks and radio goes off, but the windows work 24/7.
I also have found that my button that operates all the windows at once has stopped working.
I thought it may be a relay or bad switch etc so replaced various parts but had no joy.
The strangest part is. If I disconnect the battery for 4± hours and reconnect Everything works perfectly for around 48hours. Then we are back to square one. :?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out.
Regards
Daniel
:-)

dappydan1

Re: Windows don't turn off and all windows button stopped working

Postby dappydan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:47 am

So I changed the BCM module behind the glovebox but that didn't solve anything so I have put the original back now.
I have now changed the fuse box under the bonnet and so far the windows all stop working when the ignition is switched off. Maybe just a lucky day but I try it again later.
The button on my centre console that should operate all the windows together worked for a few hours and now only 2 windows work jumping down 5 cm at at time. This is also the same when operating the roof.(all windows should open fully)
All the windows work fine on their individual buttons
It's so frustrating and I can't find any wiring diagrams for the the CC
Maybe someone has some ideas what to try next.

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Postby joe12 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 am

Try over at the Renault forums, it seems a bit more populated so you may get more help on your subject.

https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/forum.php

Cheers.

dappydan1

Postby dappydan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:56 am

joe12 wrote:Try over at the Renault forums, it seems a bit more populated so you may get more help on your subject.

https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/forum.php

Cheers.

Thank you, Will do :)

Return to “Problems / Questions”