bonnet wont open?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Rum

Re: bonnet wont open?

Postby Rum » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:38 am

I removed passenger front grill then above the Renault logo towards the windscreen I was able to find the cable I hooked a coat hanger to the cable it self not the sleeve then pulled it towards the front and the bonnet opened. Found that the cable had popped out in the small box by the battery so used cable ties to hold it in place until I can replace it. It was a pain but with a bit of patience it was worth it.

Johnpell
Currently Drives:: Megane Scenic 1.5dci Dynamique 2007

Postby Johnpell » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:56 pm

The advice by alfonzo does not work for the scenic. When you remove the grill all you have is the radiator. If anyone else has any advice please let me know. Im 99% sure i dislodged the coupling when trying to reach the headlamp bulb.

drewster1978
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: renault megan dynamique 2006

Postby drewster1978 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm

I had same problem my cable disconnected at the joint near the battery so I did remove passenger grill and managed to pull the cable out and opened the bonnet took me hrs and hrs and hand were cut... Good luck to anyone hope this helps

Karimm
Currently Drives:: Megane 2

Postby Karimm » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Removing the passenger grill will not work for Megane 2 2007 .I had to remove the cover under the engine and used flat screw to open .Toke me under 10 minutes to do and I am not a mechanic.

Return to “Problems / Questions”